Tongue ulcer ..

Case refered from ent ... Department to my clinic .. Male 28 .ulcer on the lateral surface of tongue.. since 3 months .. minimum or more .. Mild psinfull ... Sufering from hperacidity .. Adverse habits . Smoking Gutkaaa. Tobaco chewing. Pan .. Nothing changes from 3 months . Ent .. using amoxy cv .. Oflx.. omperazole.. zerodol sp.. b complex ... Previous ent dr. Examine through endoscopy and ct. Scan too ... I m using only oral topical corticosteroid gels .. Od.. cap... Lyopene .. Omeprazole.. Biopsy adviced ... But not posible Refer to higher center not posiible .. So in this current situation .. I just wana hold and try to handle this case in this limited resources . Thanks for help ... To all my respected seniors ...

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Traumatic injury Sharp cusp Oral prophylaxis Grinding Ointments Multivitamin

Thank you doctor

Moderate erythema is noticed at the post. Lateral bordr of tongue sir. Highly suggestive of traumatic ulcer due to constant irritation may be from sharp cusp of a tooth.. Examine the +nce of any sharp cusp in that region and selective rounding will be required.. Also pt. Can be counselled for habits cessation. Prophylactic m.w and multivitamins adv. Follow-up after 15 days

Done..

It would be of great if you encircle the area of complaint because I am not sure where the lesion is...and under these conditions it's better to wipe out the area with a gauze & then click...it will help differentiation or else saliva is shining all over...

I agree

View 1 other reply

It's traumatic ulcer only. Remove the etiology..like sharp cusps Rx Enameloplasty where ever reqd. Topical anaesthetic gel (Dologel) adv oral prophylaxis as well

It's done today ... But I m little worry for 3 months history ...

View 2 other replies

non healing ulcer in dangerous zone (lateral tongue ) with habbit of tobacoo doubt of scc

Yes sir

Please use Antifungal medicine o/d and mosiba (tds) Hexidin mouth wash need 3 time

Thank you doctor

Look for some sharp cusp posteriorly and do odontoplasty if needed

I agree

Traumatic ulcer

Take the biopsy

Take a biopsy Remoove sharp cusp Oral prophylexis Hexidine mouth wash Oflox oz -BD Antacid Dologel ointment

Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you