Concluded Case

tumor like swelling on the neck of 16 month baby. Swelling is painfull. h/o fever. possible diagnosis and treatmen?

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Suppurative lymphadenitis.investigate for routine blood urine kochs treat by antibiotics antiinflammatory antipyretics sos incision and drainage under GA OR LA.and sedation.its neither mumps nor tonsillitis.tonsils i have not seen forming abscess outside of.throat.and inside the tonsillar fossa its called quincy which needs emergency I / D

All Answers

IT'S A..CASE OF.. SWELLING NECK .. D/D.. ? MUMPS.. ? TONSILLITIS.. ? LYMPHADENOPATHY.. ? ABSCESS.. * ANTIBIOTICS WITH NSAIDS AS PER REQUIREMENT.. * HEMOGRAM..& .. USG STUDY SOS..

Valuable opinion

View 3 other replies

Submandibular lymphadenitis. As it's tender too n fever present too . Examine the oral cavity properly . Cbc crp fnac of lymph nodes . Start a broad spectrum antibiotics like amoxiclav

Valuable opinion

* Mumps *Tonsillitis * Lymphadenopathy Needs further investigations and evaluation to conclude diagnosis and line of treatment.

Thanks Dr Pushkar Bhomia

View 2 other replies

Abscess Lymphadnopaty Mumps Tonsilitis

Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

Mumps

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Suppurative lymphadenitis.investigate for routine blood urine kochs treat by antibiotics antiinflammatory antipyretics sos incision and drainage under GA OR LA.and sedation.its neither mumps nor tonsillitis.tonsils i have not seen forming abscess outside of.throat.and inside the tonsillar fossa its called quincy which needs emergency I / D

Koch's node with secondary suppurative adenitis.it may result in a collar stud abscess if bursts open. Investgate for TB.aspirate.treat secondary infection.control cellulitis.pls do Tuberculosis gene expert study. Confirm it. Start ATT. Improve child's general heath too.

D/d 1 sub mandibular lymphadenopathy 2 mumps

Thanx dr Dinesh Gupta

View 1 other reply

SUGGESTIVE. OF JUGULO DIGASTRIC / UPPER. CERVICAL LYMPHADENOPATHY

DD. Mumps Lymphadenopathy Tonsillitis Abscess

Load more answers