Concluded Case

post covid complications mucor mycocis.

Unilateral facial swelling with pain since 3 days. 57 / F.. H/O covid, diabetes (500 aprox) , RHD, htn, and thyroid. Pt was on dexamethasone iv, insulit by sliding scale. Plz Diagnose this condition, is this Mucomycocis?

(Edited)

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Diabetic raised blood sugar (500aprx)covid taking steroids i/v ,insulin Unilateral facial swelling with pain. Drugs used in covid raised blood sugar condition support rare but serious fungal infection mucormycosis High blood pressure and low immune function are the strongest risc factors most commonly affected area are nose and sinuses Treatment antifungal amphotericin B , possaconazole or Isvuaconazole

All Answers

Diabetic raised blood sugar (500aprx)covid taking steroids i/v ,insulin Unilateral facial swelling with pain. Drugs used in covid raised blood sugar condition support rare but serious fungal infection mucormycosis High blood pressure and low immune function are the strongest risc factors most commonly affected area are nose and sinuses Treatment antifungal amphotericin B , possaconazole or Isvuaconazole

Thank you doctor

Yes I should strongly Suspect mucormycosis.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

YES , ITS NASOCERBERAL MUCORMYCOSIS ADV:- Biopsy Rx Lipofusin Amphotericin B Fluconazole IV

Thank you doctor

Diabetic... steroid treatment..given Mostly mucormycosis.

Thank you doctor

Highly suspect it to be Mucormycosis... Opportunistic fungal infection in Uncontrolled Diabetics & post covid patients with long icu stay . T/t = Amphotericin B / Posaconazole

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you