Concluded Case

? UTI, falling platlets, other deranged blood values and sonography

My dear colleagues and respected senior doctors., Following is a recent case which I happen to see. Kindly advice what is the most possible diagnosis or conditions Female PT travelling from bengal had fever on last Saturday (103f)and some constipation. She travelled via car. This Monday she had mild loose motions. Her RAT and rtpcr we're negative on Monday. Malaria rapid test negative. She also had mild abdominal pain. Now day before yesterday she has been referred to a higher centre. There her test reports of 11th and 12th nov are attached. She has been diagnosed with uti. She also has typical high grade fever 103and chills, rigors. But sonography reports is worrying. As she also has mild tenderness in rt upper quadrant abdomen. Also falling platlets are concerning her. Her gc is ok and pt is ambulatory otherwise. Her urine culture reports will be availabe two days after. Respected doctors, kindly provide your valuable advices on what do you thing her underlying diagnosis can be as per her attached reports and history. Thank you in advance. Latest updates:-her platlet has increased with hbsag negative. She is being sent for mri for thickened gall bladder.

(Edited)

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

she was confirmed of p. vivax malaria+ dengue. being treated for same and discharged yesterday.

All Answers

You have done every thing but i could not see xray chest and ecg Significant finding is hypomagnesia and LDH are incresed suggestive of myocarditis Lady has fever and h/o travel from endamic state though primary rt pcr is negative still picture appears to be a c/o covid19 infection I will not exclude it proved otherwise Viral fever and to be treated as it

Thanx dr Dinesh Gupta

View 3 other replies

Dangue fever. Ac.Cystitis. Check urine micro/ C.& S. NS1 for Dangue. Maintain hydration...Rest. If UTI is well confirmed proceed for antibiotic coverage accordin v to CS report.

Thank you doctor

? DENGUE FEVER.. ? UTI.. NEED'S.. URINE C AND S EXAMINATION.. CTCE STUDY.. MEANWHILE TREAT SYMPTOMATICALLY WITH.. IV FLUIDS.. GLUCOSE.. CEPOTAXIME.. AMIKACIN .. MULTIVITAMINS.. UPCOUNT SACHETS.. HEALTH OK SACHETS.. SYMPTOMATIC T/T..

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Dengue fever Dengue NS1 not done . Urine routine clear, abdominal ultrasound shows cystitis . Urine and blood culture needed. Symptomatic treatment, IV fluid support, Caripill tab HRCT to rule out RTPCR negative COVID infection.

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

ADVISABLE BLOOD .AND URINE ...CULTURE. AND SENSITIVITY. TESTS..

Thank you doctor

UTI DD HEPATITIS

Thank you doctor

she was confirmed of p. vivax malaria+ dengue. being treated for same and discharged yesterday.

Diseases Related to Discussion