Vit D deficiency

A 43 yr old male complaining of fatigue and generalised body weakness and joint pain after workhours,from 1 month.His routine blood blood examination WNL,except for 25-hydroxy vitamin D level is 17.16 nmol/L(normal-75-250nmol/L).Kindly diagnose n advise the Management in this case. Would injectables of vit d (6L units) would be better or oral vit d? Please comment on the dose too.

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency can include muscle weakness, pain, fatigue and depression. Spend time in sunlight. Vitamin D is often referred to as “the sunshine vitamin” because the sun is one of the best sources of this nutrient. ... Consume fatty fish and seafood. ... Eat more mushrooms. ... Include egg yolks in your diet. ... Eat fortified foods. ... Take a supplement. ... Try a UV lamp.. Vit D.60000 IU werkly x 3 months.

Thank you doctor

I generally use oral vitamin D preparations - cap D- rise 60 K units weekly for 3 months and then monthly for 1- 2 years. Get a recheck of Vitamin - D after 3 months Add calcium supplements as well along with methyl cobalamin

Valuable opinion

Would like to add There are oral preparations of all forms of vitD Absorption from gut is the issue Basic form is Arachitol sachets Alfa hydroxilated form is alfa D3 Calcitriol and calcium combinations also available See the response to treatment and switch medicines if necessary Rule out renal or hepatic compromise LFT RFT

Sir,I have advised Inj arachitol 6 lacs units i.m weekly for 6 weeks

Injectable is always better im route 6 lakhs units

Once weekly sir and for how many weeks? @Dr. Yashvardhan TM

View 5 other replies

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you