Concluded Case

What could be the d/d and treatment for a 1.5 yr old girl presenting with breast swelling and pain?

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

thats an insteresting case . saw 2 during my residency days but never in my private practice . n theres no need of endocrinologist opinion . its common below 3 years of age . theres isolated premature thelarche no other signs of precocious puberty . infact its not true precocious puberty . its due to the effect of estrogen rather oestradiol . breast tissue may involute during the 3 to 36 months period . they might persist too . investigation usually not needed though can go leutinising hormone oestradiol level bone scans . no treatment as such . just counsell the parents . these children are prone to child abuse too .

All Answers

thats an insteresting case . saw 2 during my residency days but never in my private practice . n theres no need of endocrinologist opinion . its common below 3 years of age . theres isolated premature thelarche no other signs of precocious puberty . infact its not true precocious puberty . its due to the effect of estrogen rather oestradiol . breast tissue may involute during the 3 to 36 months period . they might persist too . investigation usually not needed though can go leutinising hormone oestradiol level bone scans . no treatment as such . just counsell the parents . these children are prone to child abuse too .

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

? MASTITIS.. ? BREAST ABSCESS.. ? CYSTIC SWELLING.. ? LUMP..LIPOMA.. NEED'S.. USG..STUDY.. FNAC..HPE..STUDY..

We need to consider new born breast enlargement due to influx of maternal hormones through placenta it disappear s over a time Mastitis neonatorum . Infection may be due to bacteria that is staphylococcus Premature thelarche Precocious puberty Need to see above all And if required advise antibiotics as required

Fibrocystic breast disease

Inv. USG to be done

Diseases Related to Discussion