Concluded Case

Which drug of choice to use for this worm shown in the picture?

This type of worm from a 6yrs old girl since two years her body weight is 16kg. It come out it pieces like in that picture . I prescribed her albendazole and explained abt nails clean and hygiene and her prediatrician also gave her albandazole . It still coming. Pls help me any other options . I thought to try mebendazole or praziquental .thank u .pls quide me

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Start ivermectin orally. And also go for praziquantel single dose. And there is frequency of motion in a day then also go for iv metronidazole

All Answers

Add ivermectin. Syp bandy plus 10 ml per oral stat. Repeat after 2 weeks. Take history of pica. Trim the nails of child. Proper hand washing after using toilet. A deworming session for all family members. Plus wash the underwear of the child properly too. U add piperazine too. Its a paralytic agent.

Thank you doctor

This is,a segment of adult tape worm or Tenia Solium which she is passing regularly Treatment options are either 1 PRAZIQUANTEL 5- 10 mg / kg body weight single dose OR 2.Tab Niclosamide - 1.5 gms single dose

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Start ivermectin orally. And also go for praziquantel single dose. And there is frequency of motion in a day then also go for iv metronidazole

Thank you doctor

Ivermectin

For how many days sir?

View 2 other replies