Which one of the following drugs of abuse is most typically associated with the illustrated complication? Ketamine  Heroin  Cocaine  Phencyclidine  Mescaline

(Edited)

9 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Palatal Perforation due to cocaine abuse is a well-known situation. Other drugs (heroine, narcotics) can also be responsible for this. Sometimes, following a tooth extraction, an oro-antral fistula remains.

Thank you doctor

The cocaine-induced damage is multifactorial; it causes a vasoconstricting effect that produces ISCHEMIA and an anesthetic effect on the mucosa, while chronic inhalation produces NECROSIS and INFECTION of osteocartilaginous tissues. As a result of chronic inhalation (nasal use), it causes rhinitis, epistaxis, perforation of the nasal septum, destruction of the lateral wall of the nose and perforation of the palate with oronasal communication.

Valuable opinion

Cocaine is a crystalline alkaloid extracted from the leaves of the coca plant that contains psychoactive properties by direct sympathomimetic action. The cocaine-induced damage is multifactorial; multifactorial; it causes a vasoconstricting a vasoconstricting effect that produces ischemia and an anesthetic effect on the mucosa, while chronic inhalation produces necrosis and infection of osteocartilaginous tissues. As a result of chronic inhalation (nasal use), it causes rhinitis, epistaxis, perforation of the nasal septum, destruction of the lateral wall of the nose and perforation of the palate with oronasal communication.

Valuable opinion

Cocaine abuse is responsible for palatal perforation

I agree

Cocaine is most common but heroine & narcotics may also lead to it

Thank you doctor

Cocaine abuse is responsible for palatal perforation.

Thank you doctor

Palatal perforation due to cocaine abuse

Thank you doctor

COCAINE..

Tnx

View 1 other reply

Cocaine.

I agree

Cocaine.... Palateperforation

I agree
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion