YOUNG FEMALE WITH ULCER IN MOUTH

THIS 22 YR FEMALE C O THIS APTHOUS ULCER LIKE LESION SINCE LAST 6 MONTHS TAKEN RX FROM 4-5 DOCTORS NOT GETTING RILIEF ALL SYSTEMIC EXA. ARE NORMAL NO WEIGHT LOSS BURNING AND PAIN +++ NO ANY OTHER LESION PRESENT NEARBY NO H/O TOBACCO WHAT SHOULD BE THE MANAGEMENT ..... MAY IT BE MALIGNANT???PLZ OPINE

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

c Chronic recurrent oral aphthous ulcers is still unclear. A variety of underlying disorders may predispose patients to develop oral aphthous ulcers; they include iron deficiency anemia, neutropenia, and folic acid or vitamin B12 deficiency, as well as a selective vitamin B12 resorption defect. Topical.steroid ( Kenacort) application 3-4 times a day. Tab Rebagan.1 bd x10 days

I agree

@Dr. Vikas Doye If there would have been any ulcer since 6 months that would have been proliferating / exophytic (mostly) or Endophytic growth due to continuous trauma( sharp cusps Or watevr the reason may be)... Acc to me, Pt. Gave history of Burning sensation plus Plus I can make out Net like/ Lacy like whitish pattern (HONITON'S LACE) mixed with Erythematous component as picture is depicting (there is a variation in both the clicks) .....suggestive Erosive Lichen OR Only White pattern suggestive of Reticular Lichen Planus.... But doc wanted to ask whether it is present U/L or B/L If U/L: Lichenoid reactn ( Need to find out the etiology whether any drug history or sharp cusp) If B/L: Lichen planus Tt: 1)Removal of the etiology 2)Topical Tess gel (0.1%) - To be applied 3-4 times daily fr 15 days, if not recover from that the opt fr systemically. 3) B-Folcin plus OD fr 15 days...

I AGRRED WITH DR HARITMA NIGAM

View 4 other replies

The ulcer of 6 months duration And not healed with conventional treatment. Any non - healing ulcer in oral cavity should be treated with suspicion. There are 2 possibilities 1.Malignant ulcer - take a biopsy to rule out 2.Adjoining tooth much be with sharp edge ..For that get dental consultation

IT'S A..CASE OF.. ? RECURRENT..POST TRAUMATIC.. ORAL ULCER.. ? RECURRENT APHTHOUS ULCER.. NEED'S TO R/O MALIGNANCY BIOPSY STUDY..WITH.. EXPERTS OPINION

Last 6 months, single lesion, not responding to treatment, think of injury due to sharp teeth edges. Biopsy to rule out malignant changes. Dental opinion.

I agree

Biopsy... Review with reports

I agree with the approach of @Dr. Haritma Nigam mam.

Leucoplakia / chronic traumatic oral ulcer due to sharp teeth Biopsy from ulcer, dental check

Recurr3nt post traumatic ulcer Recurrent aphthous oral ulcer Advise BIOPSY

cheek biting from sharp cusps black pigmentation in chronic inflamatory lesions ( errosive/reticular. olp) can be lichnoid reaction (drug history)

Load more answers