Patient born 2 days back mild RDS settled in 12 hours CVS systolic murmur grade 2 at pA. There is mild degree hypognathia. No other syndromic features. Is this an isolated deformity or part of a syndrome?

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Mere isolated findings But in case of preauricular tag always do echocardiography I don't know where this fellow is finding a short neck and receding chin If this is syndrome then every child out of 10 is syndrome please don't misguide Dr rao @Dr. Raghavendra Rao Definition of short neck in New born??? Is Dr salam had given any parameters or any measurements?? Retrognathia or micrognathia two opposite terms , you really feel this child have ?? @Dr. Abdul Salam Pk sir please take it as a normal child and child seems preterm so I think if PDA size is small no intervention required ibuprofen can be started as on your hospital protocols
Please mind your language of adressing your colleague and senior professionals as " fellow " It is unacceptable and unpardonable. Every body has got his own views to express in this platform whether it is palatable or not to you. Try to learn manners fiirst before expressing any thing. With due respect ,this is my advice to you. Whether you follow or not , it is your concern. As a senior colleague it is my duty to advise and I did my job

View 1 other reply

Mild micro and retrognathia + Preauricular skin tags + Systolic murmur in PA +. May be associated CHD Short neck + In my opinion it may be a case of SYNDROMIC BABY
Thank you sir
It is a case of 1st n 2nd facial arch syndrome. Although these children usually don't have any other anomaly but pls rule out cardiac , renal and other anomaly. left side face may be hypoplastic. They also have Accessary ear article and Skin tags. Thanks
It can be a seperate entity. OR Part of GOLDENHAR syndrome where CVS.,RS, RENAL,SPINAL & Eye involvement seen.
There is no renal spinal or eye involvement. Thank you

View 1 other reply

Preauricular skin tag. Mild micro & retrognathia. Systolic murmur in.PA.short neck.
Thank you sir
Sorry not able to upload pics of retrognathia and micrognathia
? Coffin Lowry syndrome /Congenital Rubella Syndrome.
@Dr. Abdul Salam Pk
Is Goldenhar syndrome a possibility?
preauricular skin tag
Load more answers