Concluded Case

14 yr old Male complaints of this patch in r ight axilla since one month No increase in size, no itching.. Recently started developing new lesion below the patch and thigh. Can some suggest DDs plz??

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Here visual shows only limited pigmented plaques on axilla may be... Differentials are.... 1) ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS 2) ERYTHRASMA 3) ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS 4) IRRITANT CONTACT DERMATITIS 5) TINEA CORPORIS... 6) PSORIASIS PLAQUE 7) LP.. PIGMENTOSUS INVERSUS.. Here the following investigations can exclude one by one... ......With KOH test can exclude the TINEA... ......with history of contact allergens, textile and perfumes can exclude both CONTACT dermatitis.. ....Here no velvetty appearance and no itching , and must elicit the under cause like Diabetes, overweight and malignancies.... My impression is could be ERYTHRASMA or LP pigmentosus..

All Answers

Here visual shows only limited pigmented plaques on axilla may be... Differentials are.... 1) ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS 2) ERYTHRASMA 3) ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS 4) IRRITANT CONTACT DERMATITIS 5) TINEA CORPORIS... 6) PSORIASIS PLAQUE 7) LP.. PIGMENTOSUS INVERSUS.. Here the following investigations can exclude one by one... ......With KOH test can exclude the TINEA... ......with history of contact allergens, textile and perfumes can exclude both CONTACT dermatitis.. ....Here no velvetty appearance and no itching , and must elicit the under cause like Diabetes, overweight and malignancies.... My impression is could be ERYTHRASMA or LP pigmentosus..

Thank you sir. We are great to have you.

View 1 other reply

?Erythrasma ?Cosmetic induced allergic reaction ?Lichen planus pigmentosum ? Acanthosis nigaricans I think depigmenting agents like depiwhite cream is advisable If ACD, the allergen should be discontinued.

Here patient is 14yrs boy thin, no h/o contact with dye or perfume So probable diagnosis in your side...

IT'S A CASE OF.. D/D.. * ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS.. * LP PIGMENTOSUM.. * ERYTHRASMA..

Tnx a lot Dr Hemangi Pethkar

View 1 other reply

Erythrasma, Mupirocin antoxidants antibiotics, antihistomonics

?? LP pigmentosus inversus / Erythrasma / granular parakeratosis / AN

Acanthosis nigricans

Acanthosis nigricans

?Acanthosis nigrican/?Axillary freckling Hypetpigmentation/Addisonoid Endocrinologist opinion adviceble. Adrenal US,Serum Na,K,Blood sugar,BP Cortisol may be of value. Itself is not a disease...A premorbid condition.I would recommend Endo consult.

Erythrasma

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you