22 days old baby came with resp distress do you agree with radiologist report or differ

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Thymic mass or another mass may be possibility of lymphoma or thymoma or teratoma Mass c collapse consolidation Advice CT and echocardiography

22 days Neonate. CXR SHOWS FILM IN ROTATION (LEFT SIDE ROTATION) CXR SHOWS BILATERAL OPACIFICATION EXCEPT RIGHT LOWER LOBE . WORK UP WITH 2D ECHO. NEEDS MRI CHEST TO CONFIRM OR RULE OUT CONGENITAL ANOMALIES OF THE LUNGS LIKE CONGENITAL CYSTIC ADENOMATOID MALFORMATION. DX : CCAM. D/D : AGENESIS OF THE LEFT SIDE LUNG. R/O : INTRAPARTUM PNEUMONITIS.

Mediastinal mass not thymus pushing heart to far left Cystic adetemoid lung tissue Mediastinal nodes USG & CT maybe helpful

X-RAY shows bilateral haziness. Both CP angle clear. Mass may be thymus or teratoma

2D echo

tt for dis

Baby with such large swelling could be teratoma or neuroblastoma or paraganglioma even cardiomyopathy come like this or Epstein anomaly I think echo and ct chest can give ans

I agree with Dr B.Merugu.

Rotation makes it seem like cardiomegaly, thymus shadow present but the cause of R/D could be a small hidden patch in the left upper zone no other clinical finding like murmur crepitations or tachycardia have been mentioned

I feel this is huge cardiomegaly

Thymic hyperplasia and please advice to thoracic CT

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you