Concluded Case

25 weeks 5 days preg woman with Itching and rashes on Neck, Chest, Abd

A 33 year old, 25 weeks 5 days pregnant married woman, with c/o Itching, Redness and Rashes on Neck, Chest, Abdomen, Face, Forearms and Low back since 5-6 days. With no other remarkable signs and symptoms. Chief Complaints Itching, Redness, Burning sensation on itching, Round red coloured spots on above mentioned areas and Pain in breasts with watery discharge. Please suggest me treatment as she is 25 weeks 5 days pregnant, thank you all. Vitals Normal Diagnosis According to me its a Fungal Ringworm Infection ? Rx given Tab CPM and Tab Dexa orally, Clotriamazol Powder, Terbinafin 1% Cream and Ketoconazol 2% Shampoo for local application, I want to know can we give systemic antifungal in this case and if yes then what should be it? Please suggest.

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Dear dr Rahul Sonar Lady is in advance pregnancy hence we should treat with minimum oral medication and local application should better choice Secondly i don't think lesions are fungal Rather i suspect it is likely scabies Hence i will advise to stop steroids My opinion is apply permithrine oint 5%30gm to be applied all over body at a time and may be repeated after one week For itching tab atarax may be used if required

All Answers

Apparently it's ACD Foristal1bd Aloe vera lotion/Calamine lotion

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Dear dr Rahul Sonar Lady is in advance pregnancy hence we should treat with minimum oral medication and local application should better choice Secondly i don't think lesions are fungal Rather i suspect it is likely scabies Hence i will advise to stop steroids My opinion is apply permithrine oint 5%30gm to be applied all over body at a time and may be repeated after one week For itching tab atarax may be used if required

Thanks sir

View 3 other replies

Liver function test , urine routine and based on the reports if deranged can start tablet udiliv 150 mg OD or BD , tablet Allegra 120 mg sos for rash , lactocalamine topical application also a dermatologist to see . Sonography of the abdomen + pregnancy (obs sono).

Thanks mam

Allergic rashes due to any drug Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy Get LFT done if SGOT SGPT increase put her on udiliv Lcz and calamine lotion

Thanks mam

In my opinion it is photodermatits/ACD Give Tab Levocet 5mg bd Tab Defcort 6mg bd lotion Aquasoft CV apply locally twice

Polymorphic eruption of pregnancy.treat with topical emollients and mild steroid cream along with oral antihistamines.

Thanks sir

Calamine lotion bd lecope5mgbd wyslone 5mgtds general itching for 7day

It look like allergic reaction / urticaria sir. Try aleo vera lotion

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Allergic contact dermatitis D/D Heat rash

? PMLE .. ? ACD .. ? ALLERGIC

Load more answers