27/F with pain right knee x 1 month. Opinion on xray?

Pain is exagerrated on movement and pressure H/o minor trauma, bumped knee against bed 1 and a half months back She has been consulting an orthopedic surgeon and has been on NSAIDs and Steroid for a month but pain is persistent. Opinion on xray? Suggestions regarding management?

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

What was the diagnosis by orthopaedician. Why was she using steroids since 1 month. At least usg knee if not mri. Looks for raised inflammatory markers esr crp anti ccp too. Female patient sle should b kept in mind too.

Thank you Dr. Nitesh. I agree. As per his opinion, injury wasn't the cause of pain as the pain started almost 2 weeks after injury. No investigations were done. I advised an xray, esr, crp, RA, uric acid, aso. Xray is as posted, esr was 20, rest normal. I have asked her to consult the orthopedic surgeon again with these reports and maybe ask if she could get an MRI done.

View 1 other reply

Rule out inflammatory arthritis CBC esr RA factor Uric acid Crp

All are normal Dr. Riju

View 1 other reply

Tibial spine injury it looks...Get an MRI done

Thank you doctor

POSSIBLY .. . FRACTURE ... TIBIAL. SPINE

Thank you doctor

Fracture of Tibial tuberosity with out displacement. POP 6 weeks.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Unfortunately both x.rays are of the left knee and show early osteoarthritis.

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

As patient is young - although there is fracture of tibial spine - a MRI scan is advised to look for any meniscal or cruciate ligament injury . Accordingly treatment can be planned after MRI scan

Thank you doctor

DD Osgood-Schlatter disease . Age is a bit more as the cartilage of the ibial tuberosity ossifies by that age .

Thank you doctor

#tibial spine....go for MRI....n fixation may needed

Thank you doctor

Undisplaced #tibial tuberosity Cast for 8weeks

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion