3rd Molar Impaction

Age/Sex : - 25 / F Chief Complain : Patient c/o severe pain , swelling of lower right back region of jaw, and generalized sensitivity . O/E : Mild attrition, abrasion seen... Mild horizontal bone loss... Patient is unable to open mouth properly due to excruciating pain attack R/F : 18 vertically impacted ; 28 vertically impacted ; 38 misioangularly impacted and 48 misioangularly impacted Med. History: Pt is on hypothyridism medications ( ...Eltroxin). I suggested .... tab.Chymoral AP b.i.d , pc ; Augmentin 625 mg t.i.d , pc Pan 40 morning empty stomach Thermoseal toothpaste(along with soft brush) [all medications for 5days] patient informed...got symptomatically relief Any valuable Suggestions w.r.t tooth 48 is applicable... I am bit confused for inf.alveo.nerve proximity to this tooth (deflection/narrowing/... ...) , to derive a conclusion for any extarction of the same! Oral pic I shall be able to upload in next consecutive appointments!

(Edited)

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

You can go for extraction of 48 But inform about the patient about chances of parasthesia which will subside on its own And prescribe tab.neurobion forte before and after treatment

Valuable opinion

Go for extraction of lower right molar and chances of paresthesia may be so prescribe nervijen p after extraction

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Agree wirh Dr Atul Goyal but would like to add dont trouble trouble till trouble troubles u.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Extraction of 38 & 48 simultaneously

I agree

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Thanks

Diseases Related to Discussion