Concluded Case

ANGIOMYOLIPOMA- LEFT KIDNEY

45 years old female with history of left lumbar pain - clinically appearing to be a renal colic. Ultrasonography showed angiomyolipoma left kidney. CECT abdomen was also suggestive of ANGIOMYOLIPOMA LEFT KIDNEY Approach towards this Patient ?

(Edited)

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Angiomyolipoma contains blood vessels, muscle and fat. 50 percent of cases associated with tuberous sclerosis. Clinical features includes Mass, pain, haematuria, hypertension. Intial investigation is USG...but CT scan is the best investigation. CT findings - Fat inside the lesion. Upto 4cm ...just observation, no treatment required,only symptomatic treatment enough. >4cm size - either partial nephrectomy/selective embolization.

All Answers

Angiomyolipoma contains blood vessels, muscle and fat. 50 percent of cases associated with tuberous sclerosis. Clinical features includes Mass, pain, haematuria, hypertension. Intial investigation is USG...but CT scan is the best investigation. CT findings - Fat inside the lesion. Upto 4cm ...just observation, no treatment required,only symptomatic treatment enough. >4cm size - either partial nephrectomy/selective embolization.

I agree

Angiomyolipoma :-A renal neoplasm composed of fat, vascular, and smooth muscle. Respected Sir I think Can use Afinitor For longterm.

Thank you doctor

Angio lipoma kidney may be associated with 1) Tuberous sclerosis 2) Lymphangioleiomyomatosis Benign lesion, symptoms due to pressure necrosis Treatment by embolization.

Thank you ,Doctor

Case is well presented and teaching a lot For me new to learn Yes i agree with dr p Kartheek Reddy well explained Partial nephrectomy is good step

Thanx dr Praveen Yograj

View 2 other replies

After assessment and evaluation of the pt selective embolozation or partial nepbrectomy can be performed.

Thanks Dr Shivraj Agarwal

View 2 other replies

angiomyolipomas are caused by mutations in either the TSC1 or TSC2 genes, which govern cell growth and proliferation. Angiomyolipomas are strongly associated with the genetic disease so I think it is a surgical case and for prevention u have to work on genetic factor....which we can say as sarvadaihik chikista..... if it is possible then and then only u think of treatment with ayurveda

ANGIOMYOLIPOMA.. NICE INFORMATIVE EDUCATIVE WELL. ILLUSTRATED UPDATE

Cases that would interest you