Hypertension

45yrs male with c/o Detected with hypertension last week elsewhere and started on amodep at.. Came with c/o grade 1 swelling on face especially on eyelids.. and bp was found to be 190/110mmhg.. Had recent reports of 2 days ago.. S.cteat is 1.8 and lipids and other investigation was wnl.. He is obese and also has dyspnoea on exertion.. and is advised to evaluate the same.. (chest x ray ecg thyroid profile fasting and pp) No past history of any other major medical and surgical illness.. Now is started on telma h.. Kindly suggest appropriate class of antihypertensive with dose and timing for the same...

LikeAnswersShare

Swelling face with raised sr creatinine In a young pt of age 45yrs detected hypertensive 1st time that too in range of 190/110mm likely in AKI in need hospitalization for observation Yes you may continue telmisartan+chlorthalidone with gradual control of htn I shell add tab torsamide 10mg od Maintain I/O chart with monitoring

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

In Thiazide like Diuretics prefer using Chlorthiadone and Indapamide Avoid using Hydrochlorthiazide, which I also follow too Please check in this case - Potassium, Sodium, Uric acid levels too CXR, Ecg, TFT, FPG,PPBG are awaited as u mentioned So in this I would have started Telmisartan 40 plus Chlorthiadone 12.5 OD after breakfast, and If not controlled, I would progress to triple combination with CCB. Please keep us posted, whatever comes in the report

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Betablocker like Atenolol may cause swelling over face Check for AKD Give Telma ch for bp Better send him to concern medicine doctor opinion

Thank you doctor

Your treatment is good continue with it Kindly check bp on regular basis And DO RENAL PROFILE TEST ONCE AGAIN AFTER 15 DAY IF S. CREATE IS NORMAL THEN WE NEED TO CHANGE MEDICIN

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you