5 year boy.. Accidental ingestion of some toy peice.

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

FB. in stomach. Dextrocardia with situs inversus. Pneumothorax and pneumomediastinum. (Supine x-ray showing air in CP angles,subpulmonic region and para cardiac region) Adv-CT scan,USG.

Thank you doctor

Probably a cap of toy It has reached ascending colon It should negotiate hepatic and splenic flexors pt needs to be under observation Laxative may be tried or wait to pass naturally

I agree

View 4 other replies

A foreign body in intestines seen on plain X- ray abdomen. It will pass spontaneously. Isabgol husk will help in expulsion A repeat X- ray after a week is indicated

Thank you doctor

Foreign body possibly in large intestine. Wait and watch on stools.if doesn't pass through may need to repeat xray.

I agree

FB either in the stomach or upper part of small intestine , only can get obstructed illeocaecal junction if it passes through will come out with stool. Only wait and watch wheather any pain abdomen then should be under close observation. If no pain just to see wheather it has come out or not , finally check cray after seven days.

Such ingested FBs usually pass in the stools . Soft diet, bananas help make stools soft . If pt c/o pain at any time, scan/ xray to be repeated

I agree

Overexposed film FB is in Large intestine Wait and watch

FB in stomach. Dexocardia with situs inversus Pneuthorax and Pneumomediastinum Adv..CT Scan, USG.

Foreign body impacted at ?Ileum ...serial Xrays and liquid diet

Thank you doctor

This is in git. If this will cross terminal ileum then it will pass out automatically.

I agree
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion