Concluded Case

hemifacial spasm.

55 yrs/f , with past h/o rt hemifacial spasm for 25 yrs . I had seen this pt when rt hemifacial spasm was present , though , i don't have those Video pictures . Pt has not undergone any rx for this condition , though in the video, it can very well be seen that spasm has totally & permanently disappeared. My question is , whether this condition can resolve without any rx?

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

It is very rare Hemifacial spasm will simply go away Treated by inj botulinum Anticonvulsant drugs And Permanent treatment is Microvescular decompression surgery After opening in the scull opening the meninges to expose the facial nerve as it leaves the brain stem. Locate the blood vessels pressing on or irritating facial nerve and put spongy material between nerve and blood vessel and removing the pressure on the nerve

All Answers

Orbicularis oculi fibres surround both upper and lower lids.Due to overuse of eyes, faulty illumination, uncorrected refractive error the muscle fibrils develop twitching or myokymia If any way these factors are resolved the condition improved.

Thank you doctor

It is very rare Hemifacial spasm will simply go away Treated by inj botulinum Anticonvulsant drugs And Permanent treatment is Microvescular decompression surgery After opening in the scull opening the meninges to expose the facial nerve as it leaves the brain stem. Locate the blood vessels pressing on or irritating facial nerve and put spongy material between nerve and blood vessel and removing the pressure on the nerve

Thank you doctor

If the risk factors like psychological stress, sufficient sleep, nutritional supplements may resolve in intial stages without the help of botulinum injection

Thank you doctor

IT IS A NEUROLOGICAL CONDITION INVOLVEMENT OF MUSCULAR.FIBERS LEADS TO THIS CONDITION IF PT IS NOT DIABETIC WITH PASSAGE OF TIME AND SUPPORTIVE TREATMENT PT IS LIKELY TO RECOVER

Thank you doctor

Muscular FASICULATIONS

Thank you doctor

Diseases Related to Discussion