Concluded Case

hemangioma

8 year old boy hving pain near parotid gland...its unilateral..pain on touch...mother giving history that this is from his birth .. its was painless in infancy... Now its painfull. I think its a case of salivary tumor...waiting for MRI ..... Whats yr opinion ... Help me for this ...wht is next managmmt...

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

usg report came... its a case of hemangiomatous mass. 3..vessels arebexcelently feeding it... excision is the only choice now..

All Answers

Why to think of salivary gland tumour first because at this age unlikely . Think first for infection a case of acute parotitis may or may not be associated with stone to causing obstruction of flow of salivary secretion causing sialadenitis. Treat conservatively with antibiotic and analgesic and anti inflammotory U SG may be helpful to see any stone in the duct of gland or in the gland.

Inflammation is acute. But ths child is hvng ths lump from his birth.

View 4 other replies

Most likely it is a c/o parodititis Pt looks to be psuedo parotiditis since birth and aggravated now D/d otalgia Toothache

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

malignancy isnt common in this age group . might b a case of parotid duct obstruction which has now developed sialadenitis .

Have you done palpation in buccal mucosa? I guess more investigations needs to be done. USG, CT,. And before that a simple OPG will also gv some idea

Go for sialography to evaluate any stone in duct D/d Sialolithiasis Parodititis in case of infection

ADVISABLE.. FURTHER ALL. ROUTINE. INVESTIGATION

usg report came... its a case of hemangiomatous mass. 3..vessels arebexcelently feeding it... excision is the only choice now..

Diseases Related to Discussion