COVID 19 treatment

COViD 19 treatment A 40 years old female She is actually a staff nurse working in government hospital, and in addition she is my childhood friend, were studied together in secondary high school She messaged me that she is very sick All in her family sure tested positive for COVID 19, she, her husband and two children were tested positive She and her husband were very sick with fever and cough She could not complete a sentence without severe cough, both children were comfortable, and not severely symptomatic She was diabetic , she was on T. Glycomet 500 mg three times a day I started her and her husband on Glargine insulin 4 units and her tablet Glycomet 500mg the times a day was continued They showed remarkable recovery, with in two days majority of her symptoms disappeared In third day she started taking care of her own sister who was now diagnosed as COVID 19 positive Her sister was also treated with low dose 4 units Glargine Insulin, she also very soon recovered What is the logic in treating with insulin?? Insulin decreases ACE2 receptor, Corona virus enters through ACE2 receptor, but way of decreasing ACE2 receptor, insulin prevents entry of Coronavirus into the cells Insulin improves immunity in general This insulin especially Glargine insulin may be effective in treatment of COVID 19 and may help in cure of COVID 19.

(Edited)

7 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Insulin Glargine Market Market The COVID-19 outbreak has affected economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns. The decrease in the overall market growth due to COVID-19 is also affecting the growth of the Insulin Glargine Market market owing to the shutting down of factories, obstacles in supply chain, and a downturn in the world economy. This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Insulin Glargine Market market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions and countries. In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.. This news analysis is a testimony of the increasing role of Glargine Insulin in T2DM in the COVID-19 era and now more and more doctors are prescribing Glargine Insulin - we popularly know as LANTUS INSULIN. However - Dr Jayesh- What you mentioned about it decreasing ACE2 receptor and it prevents entry of Corona virus into cells NEEDS TO BE PROVED BY RANDOM TRIALS IN A SCIENTIFIC STUDY. Uphill now- no such study has been published. May be endocrinologists in curofy, can throw better light on this subject. But it is commendable- the way you saved this family by your innovative ideas . THANKS- DEAR
Thank you doctor
@Dr. Sepuri Krishna Mohan
Thanks dear Dr M R Chhipa for tagging me to answer this question.
ACE2 receptor and insulin, how ACE 2 receptor are decreased after starting insulin? There are experiments on mice which prove this fact, Marta Riera sand ES Salem in two separate experiments showed that insulin actually reduced ACE 2 receptor this it can be used as potent agent in treatment of COVID 19 If you don't find I will give you link
It's not yet proved regarding insulin and ace2 receptors...but what ever you have done is a good thing strating insulin making thier blood sugar levels under good control
Thank you doctor
Observation r very useful for diabetics pt who is attacked by corona positive. Can we apply on nondm COVID pt??
Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Interesting thought. Worth pursuing in a larger group of patients to see what statistics say.
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you