Concluded Case

A CASE OF SHOOLA

A 45 year old,recently diagnosed Type2 diabetes,lady patient ( ongoing Ayurvedic med for diabetes), complained of severe pain & burning sensation over epigastric region, Pain radiating to back..!! Patient woke up from sleep,due to excruciating pain & was literally crying...!! Her recent reports was suggestive of dyslipidemia also...!! DD- Acute gastritis Acute pancreatitis It was a phone consultation... On enquiry,she had sprouts& some fried item for dinner...!! The pain started & later on she also experienced some stiffness over left shoulder...!! Advised to have cooled milk ,half a glass..After 15 minutes,she burped many times..The pain & burning slowly came down..!! Advised to do a USG- Abdomen,if a similar episode re- occurred.. Prescribed - Guluchyadi kashayam Kamadudha with mouktika Shankha vati Advised to have manda/ peya only with less spicy food,No tea/ coffee..!! After 3 days,they gave a follow-up No pain & burning sensation, Only when she gets hungry, slight irritation over epigastric region reappears..!! Advised to continue with the med & diet. Discussion- The condition might have been Pitta- vata vriddhi in rasa dhathu..!! No similar episode & relief with the med,so acute pancreatitis ruled out...!! After a week,she is very fine..!!

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Dr viva Bipin congratulations to very correct suggestions It is my request to avoid hot food and food taking schedule must fix time .

All Answers

Dr viva Bipin congratulations to very correct suggestions It is my request to avoid hot food and food taking schedule must fix time .

Valuable opinion

Phosphorus

Thank you doctor

Cholecystitis?

9012919098 send me

Diseases Related to Discussion