Concluded Case

A 9 year old boy comes to the OPD with sore throat,fever,chills,myalgias anterior adenopathy,erythematous tonsil,and edema of his uvula.Picture shown below. What is the most probable diagnosis and the best treatment available for this patient?

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Acute pustular tonsilitis Rx broadspectrum antibiotics like amoxyclav625mg 1bd Antiinflamatory Betadine gargales Adv elective surgery

All Answers

Acute pustular tonsilitis Rx broadspectrum antibiotics like amoxyclav625mg 1bd Antiinflamatory Betadine gargales Adv elective surgery

Thanx dr Sachin Kale and 2 others

View 5 other replies

Its a case of acute exacebation of chronic tonsillitis. Rt side grade 1 and left side grade 2 tonsillar hypertropy. PPW also congested. Treatment with broad spectrum antibiotics. In my openion it is better to go for cephanosporins like cepodoxime with clavulinic acid, or go directly for levofloxacin. Along with paracitamol, cetrizine or levecetrizine, warm saline gargles, brufen sos, and ask pt if she have any voice change or difficulty in breathing. In that case ithere may may be a extended laryngitis. In that case add nebulization and deflezavort. Can sent for a throat swab now itself so that after 3 days antibiotics can be changed.

Thank you doctor

Acute follicular Tonsillitis Injection Monocef 1gm iv bd Tab Algesia sp one bd, Cool Ora Liquid for mouth gargle three times

Thank you doctor

Acute follicular tonsillitis

Thanks Dr Shivraj Agarwal Sir

Tnx Dr Usama Ansari

View 3 other replies

ACUTE FOLLICULAR TONSILLITIS TAB augmentin 625 1/2 tds Tab 1 all total tds Tab ibugesic plus tds VOKADINE GARGLE MULTIVITAMINS

I agree with Dr Abdul Hameed Ansari

Diagnosis : acute pustular follicular tonsitis Treatment : moxikind cv 625 bd after food 5 days Tab azithral 500 od for 5 days Tab combiflame bd Tab rbson d bd

just for my knowledge i want to ask u sir. how can we prescribe moxikind 625 or azithral 500mg to 9 years old patient?

View 2 other replies

Acute Follicular Tonsilitis

Thanku Dr Dinesh Gupta Sir

View 3 other replies

Follicular tonsillitis

Load more answers