A Case of Primary Splenic Cyst by Dr. Ajit Jangbahadur

Cystic lesions of spleen are rare occurring lesions & are mostly benign but can cause many symptoms Share your views on this case by Dr. Ajit Jangbahadur Learn through his rich experience! Follow us for more such updates!

106 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

CONGRATULATIONS and Thanks Dr Ajit Jangbahadur for sharing this rare case A detailed and good presentation and quite informative Most of primary cysts are clinically silent and are diagnosed incidentally on USG. Nowadays, the prevalence is increased because of the increased use of non-invasive imaging techniques, i.e., USG and CT Whenever there is a lump in the left hypochondriac region, the clinician should exclude other causes of splenomegaly, i.e., infectious mononucleosis, fever of unknown origin, haemolytic anaemia, chronic leukaemias, collagen vascular disease, and liver diseases. Serological markers play key role in such circumstance USG is a good non-invasive tool for screening and confirming the cystic nature of a mass. Ultrasound can differentiate solid and cystic lesions in most cases Characteristically, on USG the cyst appears as an anechoic mass with thin walls and septations or irregular walls. There are calcific foci in case of complex cysts. Calcifications are useful to differentiate cysts from other causes of splenomegaly CT and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may give guidelines, with regard to the morphology of cyst, the nature of fluid, the exact location and its relationship with adjacent structures On T1-weighted MRI images, the cyst is hypointense while on T2, it is hyperintense, with intensity of signal equal to water without reinforcement after contrast injection. However, the signal intensity may be elevated according to contents in the cyst, e.g., signal intensity on T1 can be increased in case of a hemorrhagic cys

Agree with you

View 3 other replies

Primary splenic Cyst A very rare case , nicely complied and explained ( Procedure of opration with pros and cons )post. Honestly I have not seen a case of splenic Cyst during my near about 4 decade old medical carrier. Spleen rapture due trauma due to assault or accident therefore MLC and PM were conduct and seen reptured organs.

Thanks Dr Sandeep Ghodekar

View 5 other replies

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Thanks

COMMENTS WE HAVE PRIMARY SPLLENCIC CYSTS SECONDRY CAN BE PSUDO PANCRESTITIS CYST TRAUMATIC INFECTIVE HYDATID LYMPANGIOM HEMANGIOMA

An important and helpful educative post Sir, Thank@Expert Insights and also Thanks@Dr. Ajit Jangbahadur Sir.

Thank you Sir@Dr. Sandeep Ghodekar .

View 2 other replies

Informative post sir. A learning pearl.

Nicely narrated informative post sir.

Thanks Dr Anil Gangani.

View 4 other replies

Informative sir

Thanks

Informative

Thanks

VERY USEFUL AND NICELY UPDATED

Thanks