Concluded Case

Safety profile of SGLT 2i

are sglt 2i safe in ckd with heart failure who is diabetic

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
CREDENCE study suggests that SGLT 2 inhibitors are safe in CKD and heart failure. They are indicated in preventing diabetic nephropathy, and heart failure in DM. When started in DM cases with established CKD and Cardiac failure, SGLT2 inhibitors slow down the rate of progression of these complications and reduce incidence of admission for dialysis and cardiac failure .
All Answers
Safe
Thank you doctor
NO SGLT2I ARE NOT SAFE IN CKD., BECAUSE IF WE SEE THEIR MECHANISMS OF ACTION, THEY STOP ABSORPTION OF GLUCOSE FROM BLOOD IN THE KIDNEYS BY INHIBITING SOD. Glucose TRANSPORT PROTEIN 2 ... SO, THEY ARE LEAVING GLUCOSE IN URINE AS SUCH BUT DECREASING IT'S VALUE IN BLOOD, MEANS CONTROLLING IT'S VALUE IN BLOOD... INDIRECTLY THEY ARE COMPLICATING THE CKD WITH UTI..... SO THEY ARE NOT SAFE.....
Thank you doctor

View 3 other replies

CREDENCE study suggests that SGLT 2 inhibitors are safe in CKD and heart failure. They are indicated in preventing diabetic nephropathy, and heart failure in DM. When started in DM cases with established CKD and Cardiac failure, SGLT2 inhibitors slow down the rate of progression of these complications and reduce incidence of admission for dialysis and cardiac failure .
I agree
SUGGESTIVE. OF... .. NEW. STANDARD. OF TREATMENT. WITH.. ..S G L T. 2... INHIBITORS.. BENEFITS ... ..USE. OF. S G L T 2 INHIBITORS......IN.. DIABETIC. NEPHROPATHY... AND SUBSEQUENT...... C. H. F.... REDUCES. THE. CHANCES. AND. RISK. OF HOSPITALIZATION.....
Thank you doctor
It is safe as improves heart ejeculation fraction and not directly affecting qtc Increase glucose excretion is helpful
Thanx dr Sanjeev Saikia

View 1 other reply

It's safe and beneficial.
Thank you doctor

Cases that would interest you