Acute glaucoma attack

Patient presenting with blurring of vision one sided headache with nausea and vomiting.... Vision deteriorate from 6/12 To PL positive After active management intraocular pressure controlled.. but now vision not improving... What are further management for preventing vision because patient having one eye only.

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Lowering of iop to teens or single digit offers the best chance of protecting the remaining vision can be achieved by trabeculectomy , medically or laser. Psychosocial support to optimize remaining vision replace fear with hope Additional brimonidine eye drops has a role to help dieing cells. Vit B1B6 B12use is seen effective but try to keep IOP to single digit

Valuable opinion

HLAUCOMS IS A BLINDING DESEASE IF ONE EYE PATIENT PT HAD VA OF THE ONLY SEEING EYE WHICH HAD VA OF 6/12WHICH HAD ATTACK OF AAC G THAT EYE SFTER CONTROLLING IOP SHOULD HAVE UNDERGONE LASER IRIDITOMY NOW IF CA HAS DROPPED TO PL I DO NOT THINK ONE CAN DO ANYTHING HOWEVER CONSULT GLAUCOMA EXPERT

I agree

Left acute congestive glaucoma and right eye appears P hthisical In rare case a single attack may lead to abrupt loss of vision - glaucoma fulminans . Most likely unfortunately it is glaucoma fulminans

Glaucoma fulminans is the likely possibility. Prognosis is grave . But , brimonidine should be tried .

Agree@Dr. Sujan Singh Sir Ji

Fundus evaluation Indirect ophthalmoscopy Will give further more details to diagnose the cause

I agree

Do VEP .or failing this check pupil reaction in slit lamp .... Prognosis is bad of course .but look for other morbidities like hypertension.

I agree

Cases that would interest you