Concluded Case

acute onset of swelling around upper eye lids with mild throat pain, but not throat swelling. no any past illness except chikungunya before 1 month, but not on NSAID

10 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Angioedema of the both eyes. Rx- Inj - I v Hydrocortisone,inj Avil 1amp stat n Start antihistamines n topical steroid with eye drops x 4 days

All Answers

Acute allergic lid edema - both eyes. Rx : Inj.dexamethasone 1.5 ml I.m stat. Inj. Avil I ampoule I.m stat Tab dexamethasone & tab avil 1 TDS to start after 7 hrs. Antibiotic with steroid e/drops 1.5 hrly for 3 days , then taper gradually. Antibiotic with steroid e / ointment topically on lid skin TDS X4 days.

Add Prophylactic antibiotics for throat pain.

View 1 other reply

Most likely can be conjunctivitis(pink eyes). Can cause this kind of acute onset swelling.As there is some throat pain that also favours infective process.Other commonest , allergies.Can be ocular herpes,orbital cellulitis.I have come across one case of pyogenic meningitis even with this kind of orbital swelling.Should be investigated that way.Antibiotics cover with antihistamines,eye drops,artificial tears to be used.Should enquire about use of contact lenses.

Looks like allergic reaction only Sudden onset !! Antihistamines & steroids to be given and airway and respiratory pattern to be monitored .

Angioedema of the both eyes. Rx- Inj - I v Hydrocortisone,inj Avil 1amp stat n Start antihistamines n topical steroid with eye drops x 4 days

History and clinical picture is more in favour of angio edema, but also look for kidney function test , urine routine and thyroid profile you rule out other causes

Bilateral food allergy or drug allergy in dexona injection avil Oral Tab wysolone 10 mg twice Daly for 3 days cetrizine bd 3 days

?orbital cellulitis

ACUTE SEVERE ALLERGIC ODEMA LIDS IMJ HYDROCORTISONE STAT INJ. SYNOPEN OR AVIL IM START TOPICAL STERIOD EYE DROPS

Angioedema Anti histamines Steroids Look for conjunctivitis if present ophthalmology opinion

Was throat pain present before the swelling? What I am implying is whether she took an antibiotic /cephalosporin for throat infection that caused the allergic response.

No any medication in last few days

View 1 other reply

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you