BRIEF POST ON SOME OF THE OCULAR MANEFESTATIONS OF PITUARY ADENOMAS THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS 60 PERCENT HAVE FIELD DEFECTS 25 PERCENT HAVE SUPERIOR TEMPORAL DEPRESSIOM 16 PERCENT HAVE BITEMPORAL HEMIANOPSIA 60 PERCENT OF PATIENTS WITH FIELD DEFECTS HAVE VISUAL COMPLAINT 38 PERCENT HAVE VISUAL ACQUITY IN ONE EYE 20 /60 OR LESS PATIENTS WITH LARGER NON SECRETING TUMORS HAVE MORE VISUAL FIELD DEFECTS THAN WITH SECRETING PITUARY ADENOMAS

LikeAnswersShare

@ Dr Gowhar Ahmad Pituitary adenoma has been summarized nicely! I distinctly remember in 1973 one patient about 45 yrs, a driver of a reputed cardiologist visited my clinic for his glasses .He prompted to tell me that he could not see things from outer side in each eye. Apart from visual acuity I performed a confrontation test which revealed bitemporal hemianopia. After pupillary dilatation direct ophthalmoscopy exhibited pallor of temporal half of each disc. In those days there were no CT and MRI. I sent the patient to a reputed radiologist whose report showed a mass below the optic chiasma. I referred him to a Professor of Neurosurgery who had operated and showed the tumour to the patient. I happened to report this case in an Indian medical journal.

U r lucky to see such relatively lese common cases

WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE AN SR MOST OPHTHALMOLOGIST LIKE PROF E AHMAD WHO UPDATES US WITH HIS VAST EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF OPHTHALMOLOGY STAY BLESSED

@ Dr Harshad Gajjar Sincere thanks for your appreciation !

Very useful information.

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you