Concluded Case

FB in wound delayed wound healing

Two months got injury while swimming sutured and sutures romoved also but wound not healeing taking antibiotics. Not a diabetic. Please give openion

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
it's a non healing ulcer while suture removal silk is leftover so FB in wound is the cause of nonhealing ulcer after clearing that I did secondary suturing
All Answers
Non healing wound of leg for 2 months to me wound has gaped away while removal of the suture and sutures were not with the full thickness and this is the reason for gaping if the wound. Rule out pt is diabetic or not Dressing after debribement and scrapping of the wound and C/S of the wound when the wound is ready secondary stiches can be after scrapping the granutalatio tissue and mobilisation of skin for tension free stitches Antibiotic as per report Analgesis and restrict mobility of the limb .
Wound have not healed after 2 months- and sutures have given away mainly due to mobility of the limb and sutures must be under tension. Now - better option is a little debridement and let it heal by secondary intention . Supplement with proteins , Zinc , Vitamin C . Also rule out co- morbidities like Diabetes mellitus, Anaemia , hypoproteinemia, CKD or CLD . Do dressings with mupirocon ointment on alternate days and antibiotics asand when required
it's a non healing ulcer while suture removal silk is leftover so FB in wound is the cause of nonhealing ulcer after clearing that I did secondary suturing
Biopsy .. could be tuberculosis Age of patient?

Cases that would interest you