Concluded Case

Back pain, stiffness, spasm

22/M without prior co morbidity, presented with complaints on backache and stiffness on back since 3 years.. it started with subacute onset stiffness of back and followed by pain.. 3 years back which after taking medicine subsided he even visited Neurosurgeon but advised conservative management at preset there was no motor , sensory or bladder bowel symptoms only examination finding was para spinal muscle spasm interpret available mri spine with management plan

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
Hello @Dr. Anand Kumar please put the patient on MRs analgesics and physiotherapy for 6 months , In my personal opinion I would first try to put the patient on conservative care for at least a month to check for progress if none or less progress then I'd suggest discectomy
All Answers
Mri show desication of intervertebral disc And prolapse at multiple levels L2L3 L4L5 L5S1 Since no neurological signs are seen still he may be managed conservatively with NSAIDS and relaxants and gabapentin 100mg+tab nortryptiline 10mg 1od at bedtime And physiotherapy Next option may be surgical intervention
Thank you

View 3 other replies

Hello @Dr. Anand Kumar please put the patient on MRs analgesics and physiotherapy for 6 months , In my personal opinion I would first try to put the patient on conservative care for at least a month to check for progress if none or less progress then I'd suggest discectomy
Valuable opinion

View 3 other replies

Continue medical trial , however if pt have progressive symptoms, and deficit then definitely operate, ask him to maintan good posture , avoid long run journey, squatting, forward bending,use westen toilet etc, give tolperisone .150 mg bd , local application of diclobenz or gabapax l ointment.
Minor disc prolapse L4-5 and 2-3.. spasm indicated protective phenomenon.. axial cuts needed to evaluate further.. if no deficits, conserve but likely surgery in future
L2/3 and L4/5 disc bulge Analgesics Muscle relaxants Gabapentin will help Continuous pelvic traction at home or hospital Reassess after three weeks
This is MRI from 2017. Pls get a new MRI done to look for any progression of disease. By that time , back extension exercises to continue.
Plevic inflammatory disease L2 L3 L4 L5 L5SI Antibiotics Analgesics GaBapentine 100mg Physiotherpay Adivce Discotomy Lemiectomy
A Must Watch for all people suffering from Physical Pain and before going ahead for Treatment. https://youtu.be/fNsQ71V7HGU
Not at all agree with you.. Are you able to find this pathology with mri..!? People like you are misleading patients and trying mask DOCTORS as evil to society..!! Very pathetic

View 4 other replies

PIVD L2L3, L4L5 No neurological deficit Only localized backache & stiffness Conservative treatment Physiotherapy
SUGGESTIVE OF DISC. BULGE.... ....L 2/3. AND ...L 4/5.... ADVISABLE .. SYMPTOMATIC
Load more answers