Concluded Case

CAIUSE OF OCCULT BLOOD POSITIVE IN THIS CASE .FEMALE BABY 10 MONTH BODY WEIGHT IS 3.6 KG PRESENT WITH LOOSE MOTION WATERY IN NATURE , FEVER PRESENT DEHYDRATION MODERATE . ANTIBIOTICS OF CHOICE

(Edited)

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

I think let's simplify it,u r having a malnourished child c bacterial diarrhoea,u need to treat it as sepsis.choice of antibiotic will be mikacin,and floroquinolone as I'm suspecting shigella.more over I'm bothered about cause of malnutrition,is it bottle feeding or improper weaning.

All Answers

Occult blood in stools may be due to go infections like e coli , or hookworm or pinworm infestation, etc Cow milk intake also can be the offending agent. Most of the E Coli diarrhoea s subsides on their own. Symptomatic treatment needed . A repeat test after a week

I think let's simplify it,u r having a malnourished child c bacterial diarrhoea,u need to treat it as sepsis.choice of antibiotic will be mikacin,and floroquinolone as I'm suspecting shigella.more over I'm bothered about cause of malnutrition,is it bottle feeding or improper weaning.

BOTTLE FEEDING

Enterohemorrhagic,shigella dysentery probably.... doxycycline

doxy is to b avoided below 8 yrs i think

View 6 other replies

Infective diarrhea . E.coli salmonella shigella

FEVER PERSIST

ANTIBIOTICS OF CHOICE IN THIS CONDITION

10 months old ..weight 3.6 kg!!..what are Other growth parameters..Length?HC? If you could have presented whole babys Photograph..It would have had proved.. A picture is more than thousand words.. about childs nutrition(PCM).Infections ,particularly GI,, recurrent diarrheas precipitate malnutrition and malnutrition predispose to recurrent infections and thus viscious cycle. This case is basically nutritional ..not meds. May be difficult to practioners to do justice. Probably institutional therapy with experty is the choice. Stools +ve for occult blood.. does not mean infectious..infections cause Visible blood.Stool in this case also show Sugar positive..possibly lactose..simply carbohydrate malabsorption..or simply any diarrhea or Intestinal mucosal injury ( nutritional or infectious)...Urine culture And stool culture may be of importance. Supervised nutrional and fluid therapy take upper hand than pharmaceutical therapy.Hb is low...Alkaline phosphatase is Low ...( is parameter for growing child.. not malnourished).

Cases that would interest you