Case of Anemia ?IDA ? ACD

A 60 year old male presented to OPD with complaints of extreme weakness, unable to sleep at night, constipation He adds that he has been taking pregabalin 75mg, Alprax 0.25, Ropark 0.5 for long term As per his CBC report, it seems like a case of Iron deficiency anemia or anemia of chronic disease Hb - 6.10 MCV - 73.5 RDW - 19.6 His Vit B12 levels are very high, above the normal range, SO VIT B12 being deficient is ruled out History He is a known case of IBS too, and has to take medications on/off for it Investigations I have advised him for Iron studies, Stool for RM/OBT, ESR test All his reports like LFT,KFT, URIC ACID, LIPID PROFILE,TFT are normal Management Kindly guide me in line of management for this patient I have advised if he could get a unit of PRBC transfused, to which he refused I have given him Iron sucrose 200mg in 100ml NS over 25 mins, Folvite 5mg daily, Zincolife 50, and asked him to report back with investigation reports in three days

LikeAnswersShare

60 yrs M Anaemic probably microcytic due to iron deficiency with taking pregabalin ,Alprex ,ropark and H/O IBS medicine off and on. Adv USG abdo. Stool examination for GI bleeding. And tests advised by you. Excessive destruction of iron and non absorption may also needs evaluated. Treatment prescribed by you is sufficient till all reports compiled and concluded. 1 unit BT transfusion if arranged .

Thanks Dr Pushkar Bhomia

View 1 other reply

60/M..case of Anaemis. REport:iron deficiency anaemia. Do CRP than esr. iNV:reticulocytes-USG abdomen. cause:Malnutrition-GI blood loss-inflammatory. sos colonoscopy. blood transfusion would have helped it. Add antihelminthic therapy too.

Valuable opinion

View 1 other reply

Microcytic anaemia Before starting Ferric carboxy maltose drip Do haematogram Tibc Reticulocyte count Ferritin

Valuable opinion

Iron profile Homocysteine level Hb electrophoresis. Sos bone marrow study.

Valuable opinion

NEED'S .. ANEMIA PROFILE .. BT .. PRBC .. IRON SUCROSE .. MULTIVITAMINS ANTIOXIDANTS ..

Valuable opinion

Right line oc management however thyroid function tests

Valuable opinion

Blood transfusion immediately Further evaluation is required for diagnosis and treatment

Valuable opinion

Iron rich fruits and vegetables... beetroot coriander juice spinach dates ginger carrots pomegranates muskmelon sproutskalijeeri walnuts blue berries sunshine no stress....figs apricots guavas raisins cauliflower broccoli purple cabbage cabbage juice orange juice..also help... cold pressed coconut oil massage and in naval.. under strict supervision of Doctor

anemia, infection, and even cancer of the blood.

60 yr with anaemia rule out malignancy.may need farther evaluation with UGI,LGI endoscopy later on .

Valuable opinion
Load more answers

Cases that would interest you