Complicated UTI by E Coli(ESBL) and Candida species

A 47 yr old male presented to OPD, banker by profession Chief Complaints His family noticed change in urine colour like dark brown or blackish and reported to me Patient was having malaise too and an episode of fever too as far as I remember History Known case of T2DM often uncontrolled from last 10+ years and recently suspected COVID 19 infection in which steroids were given briefly Chronic Alcoholic from last several years, but off it from last almost 30 days Vitals Vitals were normal Management For candida, tab Fluconazole 200 mg OD was given for a period of 14 days, I would like to know how to treat E coli(ESBL), patient was unwilling for IV cefoperazone sulbactum, so I had to resort to usage of Levofloxacin 750 OD along with fluconazole 200 Urotone 25mg TDS was also given considering neurogenic bladder in T2DM and a case of borderline prostatomegaly too Give me your opinion on this case too Well patient is fine now, and on his anti diabetic treatment now

(Edited)

4 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Neurotoxicity..? Management.. Treatment by neuropathologist..

Well DOCTOR, Rightly diagnosed the case: UTI: Mixed infection: E-Coli (bacteria) with Candida(Fungus), Cystitis? Mixed infection is rare.Pls insure that fungal infection is internal . May be external sources of fungal spore ie.from prepuce of penis or airborn in urine sample culture tube.?? May rpt Urine C/S for confirmation. As per C/S report yr treatment option to treat E-Coli infection is restricted ie.Colistin & Cefeperazone sulbactum. Better to go with Cefeperazone sulbactum preferably IV route as Levofloxacin is not sensitive as per report. Plenty of fluid & water drink & control blood sugar. USG report is not so much significant except Cystitis? Counsel pt & their attendants for IV Antibiotic tt.

Dm with cystitis with prostetomegaly Candida with ecoli Start colistin sulphate 10 days

Inj cefprozen Tab prostina x bdv Cap levorab dsr x bd Tab udilive 150mg xo Syp liv2 2tbs x bd

Uti Urine c/s

Cranberry juice.... pineapple with black pepper sprouts kalijeeri chia seeds soaked overnight methidana soaked overnight alternately sunshine walk prayers ginger figs guavas dates apricots carrots pomegranates muskmelon cucumber cherries berries... beetroot coriander juice sweet potato corn broccoli purple cabbage cauliflower...cold pressed coconut oil massage and in naval lime juice.. citrus fruit lemongrass decoction...under strict supervision of Doctor

? UTI .. ? CYSTITIS .. SENSITIVE TO .. COLISTIN .. COLISTIN .. SHOULD BE USED .. JUDICIOUSLY .. AS IT HAS GOT POTENTIAL TO .. CAUSE .. NEPHROTOXICITY .. EXPERTS OPINION..

Nitrofurantion is not taken in culture report Patient is alcoholic Cbc, LFT kft needed Niftran 100 bd Fluconazole 200 od Udiwok 300 bd Urimax D od Syp neeri as alkalizer

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you