Covid 19 and insulin Real life experience

1) Last year I published my article on role of insulin in treatment of Covid 19 https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility target="_blank">https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility 2) My HbA1c is 5.1, I have been taking Glargine insulin 4 units once a day for more than one year, I have not developed any symptomatic or biochemical hypoglycemia any time in last one year. I did not get Covid infection inspite of many of my family members suffering from Covid 19, my father , 87 years, not Vaccinated, who was on Glargine insulin- also did not get Covid infection in spite of course contact family members suffering from Covid 19 (Primary prevention), I plan to continue taking Glargine insulin during rest of the pandemic. 3) My immediate neighbour, 47 yrs, suffered from severe Covid, was in ICU for more than one month, v required BIPAP ventilation, he was discharged on home oxygen support. His oxygen saturation used to fall down to 80% without oxygen support. His HbA1c was 6.7, at home he was given Glargine insulin 4 units once a day. His sugars were monitored and we're normal. Over a period of 1 month he was off oxygen support. Today after 6 month he can climb hill. 4) One of my neighbour, 89 years old, developed severe Covid 19, he was in ICU for more than one and half month. He was discharged on home BIPAP support with home oxygen. His saturation used to fall to 85% at home intermittently. He was bed ridden. His HbA1c was borderline. He was started on Glargine insulin 4 units once a day, sugars were rigorously monitored. He never developed any hypoglycemia. Over a period of 1 month slowly his Bipap requirement came down and then his oxygen requirement came down. Today after 3 months he is off Bipap, off oxygen, he can move around in house and capable of taking self care. 5) My own sister, brother in law, mother in law, father in law, sister in law, uncle, and others, many developed moderate to severe Covid, they all received Glargine Insulin few of them diabetic and few nondiabetic. All of them continued Glargine insulin for long term after recovery. It has helped them get out of post Covid weakness and several other problems related to Covid My sisters and others, now post Covid, continue to take basal 4 units nondiabetic Glargine insulin following in my footsteps. I feel Glargine insulin has a role in Primary prevention of Covid 19 Treatment of Covid 19 And Post Covid syndrome Please do read my article on role of insulin in treatment of Covid 19 https://jmscr.igmpublication.org/home/index.php/archive/178-volume-08-issue-07-july-2020/9517-use-of-insulin-in-treatment-of-covid-19-a-proposal-to-explore-feasibility

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

I am on insulin glargine (Lantus) 14 unit and Ecosprin 75 since 5 years ..I was positive asymptomatic ..Not a single medicine required . Great topic .. Insulin and Metformin and Ecosprin are effective triads for SARS -CoV 2 virus .

Thank you doctor

Nice informative

Thank you doctor

It was Amazing Article You wrote ... Thanks for sharing sit @Jayesh Kalbhande

Thank you doctor

Wonderful article. It's hopes of facing challenges of the difficulties of surviving in crucial circumstances. Thanks for sharing useful case study Sir

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Sir any contraindications according to u to use glargine in covid pt.

Informative! Thank you for sharing!

Diseases Related to Discussion

Covid

Cases that would interest you