this disease occur to a female 1 year baby 15 days ago which disease is this im confusing about

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Dr Nasreen, is fluctuation present? If signs of acute inflammation like warmth, tenderness, redness and swelling are present think of an abscess.( calor/ rubou/ dolor/ tumor& functio leseo....) Pl order for an ultrasound to confirm. Hematoma is also a possibility. Don't forget to find out if the swelling gets tense and prominent when the child cries, this will rule out a communication with the intracranial compartment. if the diagnosis of an abscess is confirmed then the child needs an I&D. Please do take the help of a surgeon. If there are multiple such abscess then child may go in for sepsis. Do update on this case.
Cystic swelling over Rt. PARIETAL region, extending 2 cm x 1cm. Meticulous History is important before attempting I/D. R/O CONGENITAL LESION first. Dx : DERMOID ( INFECTED ) MRI BRAIN TO R/O CNS INVOLVEMENT.
Abscess, advised I & D.
Abscess. I& D.
By look it is an abscess and needs I n D 1 year child has very less chance of intracranial connection being normal till 1year
Abscess.....due to klebsiella....cause of inscect bite... take a x-ray and drain..
Look like abcess but r/o menigomylocele b4 I/d
Abscess.. incision and drainage .. Antibiotic
Abscess required surgical drainage
history baby is important.
Load more answers