Renal Cell Carcinoma: Expert Case Discussion by Dr. Parveen Yograj

A good clinical case of Renal Cell Carcinoma shared by Dr. Parveen Yograj. Enhance your clinical knowledge by learning thorough his rich experience. Follow us for more such updates.

84 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

About this case - I will say - sometimes in malignancy to save life and prevent the the malignancy to spread further - some protocols need to be omitted . In this case also - preoperative F.N.A.C or biopsy was not done because it would have waisted another 7 days . In this case - history was of 2 days duration of haematuria only with no other complaints He presented to clinic after 2 days of haematuria. Same day USG followed by CECT abdomen was done and diagnosis of renal cell carcinoma was certain . Patient was operated with in 4- 5 days,of presentation and no time was spent on FNAC or biopsy- which is against the protocol .On CECT abdomen staging was early stage 3 and intra - operatively it was found tumour thrombus in renal vein and lumbar vein . As radical nephrecetomy was done and on regular follow up - a PET scan after 2 years just before lockdown shows that the decision to do surgery as early as possible with out waiting for FNAC or Biopsy- may have prevented from disease going to advanced stage 3 . The aim of this post is that in malignancy 1.The early diagnosis is most important 2.Early treatment- particularly when surgery is indicated- should be done .This improves the prognosis 3.A close co- operation between- radiologist , oncologist, onco sugeon and treating doctor - if done by discussion always helps the patient in future outcomes 4.So - my request to all young doctors is that never go on referring the patient from one doctor to another .You can have telephonic or whattsApp - suggestion from experts - which makes a collective effort in treating a complicated case - particularly with corona scare - doctors are reluctant to examine the cases. Thanks

Thanks for sharing sir

View 11 other replies

Informative and well managed with excellent follow up and documented case. RCC.

Thanks Dr Parveen Yograj

View 3 other replies

Excellent presentation. case managed well. Thank u for sharing

Very useful n informative post. Nice slides.

Exclusive c/o RCC beautiful presentation and well managed This followup is for 5yrs sir Sir only one confusion was preopt fnac or biopsy planed or was not necessary

Thanx dr Ashok Leel

View 4 other replies

Similar was my own case sub serous adenocarcinoma 8cm by 8cm at hepatic flexor , right hemicolectomy with 12 lymph nodes removed , No chemotherapy no radiotherapy was done only time to time ct scan, and PET scan Every thing OK after 5 years

Thank you- Sir

View 1 other reply

Very interesting case of renal cell carcinoma with nephrectomy , post op no chemo no radiotherapy required lucky patient

angiomyolipomas are caused by mutations in either the TSC1 or TSC2 genes, which govern cell growth and proliferation. Angiomyolipomas are strongly associated with the genetic disease so I think it is a surgical case and for prevention u have to work on genetic factor....which we can say as sarvadaihik chikista..... if it is possible then and then only u think of treatment with ayurveda.When surgery is recomonded then I think we should respect the medical field

NICE CASE DISCUSSION FROM OPHTHALMIC POINT OF VIEW RENAL CELL CARCINOMA IS ONE OF THE CAUSES OF TRICOMEGALY THAT IS LENGTHENING OF EYE LASHES

Well presented case with reports n all the attached deta ..managed well ...it will be definatelly usefull for every doctors

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you