Concluded Case

Diabetes

What is SOMOGYI PHENOMENON

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer
SOMOGYI EFFECTS..OR..PHENOMENON.. HAPPENS..WHEN YOU TAKE.. INSULIN BEFORE BED AND WAKE UP WITH.. HIGH BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS..
All Answers
SOMOGYI EFFECTS..OR..PHENOMENON.. HAPPENS..WHEN YOU TAKE.. INSULIN BEFORE BED AND WAKE UP WITH.. HIGH BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS..
Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Somogyi phenomenon happens when insulin is taken at bedtime, triggers a release of hormones causing rebound increase in blood sugar level on wake.
I agree
The dawn phenomenon or “dawn effect” is similar to the Somogyi effect, in that people experience hyperglycemia in the morning, but the reasons differ. The dawn effectinvolves a rise in early morning blood sugar levels. This results from declining levels of insulin and an increase in growth hormones.(Thanks)
I agree
The somogyi phenomenon or somogyi effect can occur when person takes long acting insulin for Diabetes ,this helps reverse the lower blood sugar level but may lead to blood sugar levelz that are higher than normal in the morning
I agree
SUGGESTIVE of ELEVATED. BLOOD. SUGAR. LEVELS. IN THE. MORNING..... ...AFTER. THE. PATIENT. HAS. TAKEN INSULIN. AT. BED. TIME...
I agree
Insulin dose taken during night results a High blood sugar level in the morning after getting up is known as somogyi phenomenon
Thanks Dr. Vipin Bihari Jain

View 1 other reply

In simple way we can say this causes high blood sugar level( hyperglycemia ) in the early morning
Thank you doctor