PAIN at the time of access opening but surrounding structures anesthes

LikeAnswersShare

HOT TOOTH ALERT! I personally use 4% Articaine in such cases but only infiltration not block When all supplemental anesthesia techniques for a tooth affected by symptomatic irreversible pulpitis are ineffective, one has to resort to an Intrapulpal anesthesia technique. While one has to deliver anesthetic intrapulpally to cool down an irreversibly inflamed hot tooth. The technique’s efficacy hinges on backpressure obtained from wedging a needle into vital pulp tissue, the backpressure is more predictable when a pin-point entry point is made through the pulpal roof to reach the pulp chamber. The onset of anesthesia is immediate, a short 30 gauge needle can be used. The technique has its limitations –Your patients will never forget you for hurting them- moderate to severe pain is expected, preparing them and explaining to them the status of the pulp alleviates the fear of unknown. Nitrous oxide inhalation can be an adjunct to increase the pain threshold and increase anesthetic efficacy in cases of irreversible pulpitis. A short duration of action ( 15- 20 mins) is expected following administration. This technique is indicated for vital teeth only.

I agree DR. Disha Gupta but my main concerened is, at the time of access opening there is pain (sharp shooting pain) when all the surrounding tooth structures are anestheside, intrapulpal technique is introduced when access opening is open in RCT tooth,

View 2 other replies

Intraperiodontal injection

you mean intraligamentary injection?

View 1 other reply

Its hot tooth...proper IAN block...

Intrapulpal anaesthesia

Surrounding structures are anestheside but patients is having pain at the time of access opening....

View 1 other reply

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you