A Clinical case of Hydrocele of the Femoral Hernial Sac

Hydrocele of the femoral hernial sac is a rare class of hydrocele, which generally alludes to presence of an actual femoral hernia. It may be difficult to pre diagnose hydrocele of the femoral hernia without exploration due to an irreducible or incarcerated femoral hernia obstructing the hydrocele. Share your views on this clinical case of Hydrocele of the Femoral Hernial Sac by experienced surgeon Dr Ajit Jangbahadur. Follow us for more such updates!

62 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Congratulations,-Dr Ajit Jang Bahadur to presenting this extremely rare case Many of the surgeons may not have seen this case in their lifetimes including me Hydrocoele of a femoral hernia sac is an extremely rare entity. Extensive literature review and internet searching revealed only a few authentically reported cases. It mostly occurs in females during the fourth to sixth decades of life. The most common clinical presentation is groin swelling. It is diagnosed as an irreducible or incarcerated femoral hernia or subcutaneous lipoma. In almost all of the reported cases,as in this case, the diagnosis of hydrocoele of a femoral hernia sac has been made only after surgical exploration.  Thanks

IN THIS CASE HYDROCELE IS A MISNOMUS AS IT IS ONLY PERITONIAL SAC FLUID DUE TO PATENT INTERNAL RING OF FEMORAL HERNIAL SAC AS IN FALLOTS TETROLOGY IS A TRIOLOGY AS RT VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY IS SECONDEY TO PUL STENOSIS

View 2 other replies

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

Great pictorial presentation sir Two points i could draw for learning 1 transillumination test positive lateral to pubic tubercle. Indicating fluid collection in sac 2 there is past h/o surgery in inguinal region opening the way to femoral triangle site for femoral hernia Yes ratio wise more common in females than males Stepwise step procedure followed by you nice teaching sir.

Thanx dr Praveen Yograj sir

View 3 other replies

NICE ILLUSTRATIVE POST WE HAVE DIFFERENT TYPES OF HERNIAS INGUANAL HERNIA FEMORAL HERNIA EPIGRATRIC HERNIA VENTRAL HERNIA INCISIONAL HERNIA DIAPHARMATIC HENIA HIATUS HERNIA

Very Good presentation of a clinical case of Hydrocele of the Femoral Hernial Sac.

Thanks Dr chhaya

Good feeling to learn about hydrocle in femoral sac I am.learning first time such presentation Thanks Dr Ajit jangbahdur

Thanks

I TREATED ONE CASE OF MALE CHILD OF 2 YRS OLD HAVING HYDROCELE AND HERNIA ALONG WITH THAT SIDE CRYPTORCHIDISM OF LT TESTES CAUSE MAY BE MULLERIAN OR WOULFIAN DUCT MALFORMATIONS

Nice case , good presentation. Importance of clinical examination to evaluate lab and image findings has been emphasized. Congratulations

Thanks

An important and helpful educative post , Thanks@Expert Insights .

Thank you Sir@Dr. Ashwin Tank .

View 1 other reply

Very nice post. Thank you for sharing.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion