Concluded Case

identify the condition and suggest what further investigation and treatment of choice?

6 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

its a classical case of hemifacial spasm..not tics as many mentioned.. tics are habitual voluntary movements..these are uncontrolled involuntary.. its called blepharospasm if only eye muscles are involved.. please see my subsequent posts linked to this case for pre and postop details

All Answers

Myokymia is commonly used to describe an involuntary eyelid muscle contraction, typically involving the lower eyelid or less often the upper eyelid. It occurs in normal individuals and typically starts and disappears spontaneously. However, it can sometimes last up to three weeks. Since the condition typically resolves itself, medical professionals do not consider it to be serious or a cause for concern.

Thank you doctor

Left hemifacial spasm. Medial management fails go for Botox injectin

Botox is only temporary and symptomatic relief.. Standard protocol is to offer surgery of MVD for all fit cases

Congratulations! Your case has been selected as Case of the day and you have been awarded 5 points for sharing the case. Keep posting your interesting cases, Happy Curofying!

its a classical case of hemifacial spasm..not tics as many mentioned.. tics are habitual voluntary movements..these are uncontrolled involuntary.. its called blepharospasm if only eye muscles are involved.. please see my subsequent posts linked to this case for pre and postop details

Classical blepharospasm

Thanks

Left fascial hemispasm ,most of the time it's because of crossing fascial n by an artery so.go for MRI of post fossa & surgical intervention sos.

Perfect answer doctor

SOME.NEUROLOHICAL DISORDER ADVISED M.R I SCAN BRAINE CONSULTATION OF NEUROLOGIST

Thank you doctor

Tics Inj Botox is helpful

Thank you doctor

View 2 other replies

Tics tab clonidine ADHD tab clonazepam may be useful alternative inj botox

Thank you doctor

Blepharospasm, facial myoclonus

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion