Left facial swelling- Dx?

A 46-year-old male presented with left facial swelling. He complains of occasional oral bleeding in the past month, swelling for 5 days, bitter taste in his mouth, and fevers of up to 99.0 F for which he took aspirin. He is HIV positive. He reported not seen a dentist in the last 4 years because everyone was afraid of his HIV status. His past medical history is otherwise unremarkable.

8 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

kaposi's sarcoma Human herpesvirus 8

@Dr. Reema Sharma HIV associated KAPOSI SARCOMA EARLY: Flat reddish purple discoloration LATER: Nodular appearance with or without secondary ulceration DD Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (Initial stage) Hemangioma (Nodular/ popular) Lymphangioma Adv: CBC, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Biopsy .

Kya baat hai...

SUGGESTIVE OF PLASMABLASTIC LYMPHOMA ADVISABLE 1. EXCISION. AND. BIOPSY WITH I. H. C. STUDY 2. INJ .. AMPICILLIN..... I / V 3. AMOXICILLIN....500... ...Q I D... FOR. AT. LEAST. 10. DAYS 4. EXTRACTION. OF. THE INVOLVED TEETH

SUGGESTIVE OF HIV...RELATED... AGGRESSIVE ... SUBTYPE. OF B. CELL. LYMPHOMA..... ... KNOWN. AS... " PLASMABLASTIC LYMPHOMA "

Beautiful picture...dd Pyogenic granuloma, Kaposis Sarcoma... excisional biopsy along with extraction of 16, histopathology will reveal further information.

Case of pyogenic granuloma. Adv -FNAC , CBC , Blood sugar F/R/PP .

Dd kaposi sarcoma, pyogenic granuloma,

kaposi sarcoma

Load more answers

Cases that would interest you