My wife suffered injury to foot with calcaneal fracture. Orthopaedician gave us option of both surgical n conservative management. Plus her swelling isnt subsiding even after taking medicines round the clock n leg elevation. She isn't able to bear weight at all on that foot. It already has been three days. Respected doctors please give ur valuable opinion.

7 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Dear dr Nitesh Prasad Sorry to know about your wife's health god bless her Xray you posted do suggest calcaneal # Best modelity will be pressure screw fixation to avoid future defective functions of ankle utmost important joint in wt bearing So far reduction of swelling do take time Hence as early as go for surgical intervention

Thanx dr Manuprsad Dayaram Acharya

View 2 other replies

Fracture calcaneum Joint depression plus:Can be accepted Lateral spread: Very little: can be accepted Overall conservative treatment may give a good result. Swelling is a problem in these cases It can be painful and take two weeks or so to resolve. No weight bearing Strict lower limb elevation and active toe movements Well padded posterior pop slab Change after one week After two weeks cast can be applied At 6 weeks pop removal and check xray A walking cast may be needed after that for another 6weeks Analgesics Chymoral

Thank you doctor

Very sorry to hear that. Both the angles -Bohlers angle and Gissane angle is maintained but better to get a CT SCAN(SANDERS CLASSIFICATION) Better to decide based on CT but looks it can be very much managed conservatively with a cast once swelling subsides. Strict non weigh bearing walking till fracture consolidation (around 4 to 5 weeks)

Thank you doctor

MY. BEST. WISHES SIR... AND. PRAY. FOR SPEEDY. RECOVERY.. ADVISABLE 1. I/ V..... ANTIBIOTICS. AND. ANALGESICS 2. PREFER. NON. SURGICAL REDUCTION. AND IMMOBILIZATION 3. CAST....SPLINT ..BRACE 4. PROPER. REST

Thank you doctor

Fracture calcaneal body best option go for surgery to avoid future morbidity it will take lot of time around 6months in conservative treatment I have seen so many calcaneal body fractures so go for surgical option

Thank u

Crack line fracture pop 6 to8 weeks use crutches not to put pressure symphytum30 wonder drugs fracture calcaneum bone

Orthopedic opinion surgical options open recovery after surgery 3 to4 month otherwise 1 to2 year

View 1 other reply

#calcaneumrx.internal fixation .May choose boot plaster

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Its calcaneum fracture....give a slab and non weight bearing walking with walker...it is not essential for surgery...can be well managed with casting....once the swelling goes down can apply cast....after 6 weeks remove cast and check for tenderness...if there is pain then reapply cast or make her walk with aircast for 6 weeks....

Thank you doctor

Dear sorry to know about your wife, praying to God for speedy recovery, for treatment part I will adv.to give sports shoes

Thank you doctor

Calcaneal fracture *Use crepe bandage to reduce swelling as well as mobility *Avoid weight bearing at least for 3weeks *Use Walker

Thank you doctor
Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Corona

Cases that would interest you