One month old was born prematurely . developed these lesions after iv cannulation at that tym during nicu stay. what the diagnosis and treatment.

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

THE SKIN LESION LOOKS LIKE GANGRENE. DX : I.V. CANULA ABSCESS LEFT HAND. R/O : GANGRENOUS WOUND LESION. X--RAY UPPER LIMB BOTH RADIUS & ULNA RULE OUT OSTEOMYELITIS. RX : ANTIBIOTICS I.V. AS PER C/S STUDIES. PEDIATRIC SURGEONS OPINION FOR DEBRIDEMENT OF TBE WOUND.

Full thickness loss of skin over middle of forearm . Sterile drrssing to continue allowing granulation to develop and try collagen skin on granulation tissue.

0i

Canulation abscess looking gangrenous Remove slough apply fusidic cream and take opinion of plastic surgeon

Extravasation leading to local necrosis, debridement and dressing with hydrogen peroxide and betadine . Seratopeptidase and antiinflammatories along with appropriate antibiotics depending upon counts, CRP and local and blood culture Might require very prolonged dressing

Canulation access , daily dressing , till granulation tissue appears and than plastic surgery consultation for reconstruction of the wound by ? Skin grafting

Full thikness skin loss. debridement under short ga. collagen dressing. oral antibiotics n anti inflammatory. Daily dressing.

Extravasation of some drugs like dopamine, calcium may cause necrosis n gangrene..... Pedia surgeon opinion and manage accordingly

It's an abscess.

Look very bad to be caused by iv Cath, not a common site of iv Cath

I agree with Dr A Pareek

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion

Osteomyelitis