Concluded Case

What is the possible treatment for OKC?

Patient is 46 years old Chief Complaints Complains of Pain and swelling since 2 months History H/O smoking since 10years Physical Examination Swelling is hard, non-fluctuate and tender. Any suggestions for dx and rx?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Odontogenic Keratocyst with 46 & 47+ Radicular cyst with 45 with distal caries + buccally erupted 48 Treatment plan - 1. Rx Antibiotics and analgesics for 5days BD after meals. 2 . endodontic therapy with 45+46+47 3.impaction surgery with 48 4.postoperative instructions - -Quit the habit for healing after impaction surgery. - rinse with lukewarm salt water after every meals to maintain oral hygiene. - Ask TO INCREASE THE INTAKE OF VITAMIN C Rich fruits .

All Answers

Could be ameloblastoma or odontogenic cyst. If u are in a private practice then refer the patient to hospital under oral surgeon team. Biopsy is required. Treatment is definitely extensive adv CBCT scan to rule out exact location and extension

I totally agree with dr disha it May be ameloblastoma

View 2 other replies

Odontogenic Keratocyst with 46 & 47+ Radicular cyst with 45 with distal caries + buccally erupted 48 Treatment plan - 1. Rx Antibiotics and analgesics for 5days BD after meals. 2 . endodontic therapy with 45+46+47 3.impaction surgery with 48 4.postoperative instructions - -Quit the habit for healing after impaction surgery. - rinse with lukewarm salt water after every meals to maintain oral hygiene. - Ask TO INCREASE THE INTAKE OF VITAMIN C Rich fruits .

Thank you doctor

Seems to be either a cyst or central giant cell granuloma differential diagnosis with ameloblastoma ,biopsy must

Thank you doctor

Hello Dr.Nisha, I think first u go for full mouth opg, then u diagnosed what's the problem I think it is radicular cyst So , u first do that process thnk start the treatment.

Thank you doctor

DOC AS THE LESION IS QUITE ECTENSIVE,CAN ADVISE CBCT LOCALIZED.

Thank you doctor

Mostly Amelblastoma Need blood examinations Biopsy Surgical treatment

Radiculat cyst Surgical treatment advised

Thank you doctor

Stafne's bone cavity

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you