Concluded Case

poisonous or non poisonus snake

35/m while walking in evening . snake bite his litte toe . TT given vitals normal WBCT20 test positive. reassurance given and observations in ward . diagnose is it poisonus or non poisonus snake if so how please elaborate. thanx

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

Two fangs mark always indicate that snake poisonous So pt must be kept for observation for 24 to 48 hrs. If 20 mts test is positive it means snake is haematotoxic .Pt should be started on appropriate dose of ASV. 70 % approx of all bite is by non poisonous snake.But 70 % Of all bites by poisonous snake is also no poisonous as snake need some specific manoeuvre to give poisonous bite. Here 20 mts test is positive so poisonous bite.Snake is most likely karate most of them neurotoxic as well as haemotoxic features.

All Answers

Snake bite Vitals and pt is stable Site of bite present two fangs bite sign No local changes of poisonous bite Reptile seems to be nonpoisonus But keep pt under observation Antisnake venum should be given irrespective off

Thanx dr Raja N Raja
0

View 1 other reply

Despite of everything in control. Give ASV and keep pt under observation for next 12 to 24 hrs. Line of treatment can be changed as per the condition if it is good and constant no need .

Thanks dear Rajani kant
0

Two fangs mark always indicate that snake poisonous So pt must be kept for observation for 24 to 48 hrs. If 20 mts test is positive it means snake is haematotoxic .Pt should be started on appropriate dose of ASV. 70 % approx of all bite is by non poisonous snake.But 70 % Of all bites by poisonous snake is also no poisonous as snake need some specific manoeuvre to give poisonous bite. Here 20 mts test is positive so poisonous bite.Snake is most likely karate most of them neurotoxic as well as haemotoxic features.

no signs of cellulitis, any type of inflammation I think it non poisonous snake but don't take risk but kept pt in ICU under observation

As pic of snake. Doesn't look like poisonous. But need ICU care for 48 hours. If no symptoms then keep in ward for 24 hrs. Then discharge. With advice

It can be told hemo neuro infection local infection and damage By the time u told patient should have shown some reaction The colour and place of snake being found is important and no snake bite to be considered non poisonous

How is the patient presentation

Patient needs to be observed, start ASV.

Diseases Related to Discussion

Cases that would interest you