Post op patient of sics 1 year back, presented with conjunctival swelling at incisional site, complains of foreign body sensation and increase in size of cyst gradually. What is the most probably diagnosis, what physiology led to formation of this cyst after a year of operation and what is the treatment of same. With regards.

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Bleb formation after SICS . Even i have a post op which complicated a year later forming a non functioning bleb.

@Dr. Arun Rajan yes, it's bleb formation at the incision site. Common with incision/wound complications. Mostly occurs with fish mouthing of wound, premature entry not managed properly, very short tunnel length, cortex chunk or anterior capsular tag in tunnel, etc.

No treatment needed if no risk of impending perforation.

@Dr. Ratnesh Kumar What do u think? Looks like inadvertent bleb formation after cataract surgery.

Spot on sir

.Cystoid cicatrix. Post cataract surgery(ECCE Days it used to be more common). Post SICS, it is rare, but can occur because of small leaks. If it is increasing, revision of the wound and suturing, with a scleral patch graft if required. Leave alone if asymptomatic, not increasing

If its not trab bleb, it could b a inclusion cyst. If symptomatic... puncture it with a 26g needle under topical anesthesia in opd. Antibioitic+steroid eye drops for a week.

If its not trab bleb, it could b a inclusion cyst. If symptomatic... puncture it with a 26g needle under yopicql qnesthesia in opd. Antibioitic+steroid eye drops for a week.

Inadvertent bleb formation following sics surgery. Best nothing to do if asymptomatic.

I agree with my valued colleagues that it is an inadvertent bleb.

Leaking section forming a bleb . Secindly it can be a inclusion cyst

INCLUSION CONJUCTIVAL CYST ST THE DUTE OF SICS DUE TO CONJUCTIVAL EPETHELIADATION

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion