Pregnant female with bloody diarrhea

A 51 y/o female presents with bloody diarrhea and vomiting. She was 7 months pregnant. The pregnancy was going well. Rectoscopy shows severe ulcerative colitis. She was prescribed oral steroids. Symptoms regressed with medication but again she came with same complaint after 15 days. What should be prescribed now?

5 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

SUGGESTIVE. OF ULCERATIVE COLITIS AND FLARE. UP. SECONDARY. TO SUDDEN STOPPAGE. OF CORTICOSTEROID

I am agree with@Dr. Kute Ankush Sir, And @Dr. Vipin Bihari Jain Sir, And also maintain hygiene and sanitation.

Thank you Sir@Dr. Vipin Bihari Jain .

NEED'S.. PROBIOTICS.. ORS .. SYMPTOMATIC T/T..

Tnx Dr Vipin Bihari Jain

View 1 other reply

patoladi ghrit 1tsp bid with milk and arogya vardhini tab 1 tid alovera juice and panchamrit parpati kalp prayog can be given

Ma'am arogyavardhini is safe in pregnancy??.. How's the result of kutaja ghanvati and bruhat gangadhar churna for this entity??

Repeat the treatment for little longer period

Thanks Dr. Kute Ankush ,Dr. Pranab Bera, Dr. Dinesh Gupta

Corticosteroids can be given again for a flare up. Aminosalycilates can also be given......not contraindicated in pregnancy Immunomodulators are also safe. A gastroenterology opinion to be taken the treatment advised to be followed.

Mam can we give i.v. steroids and immunomodulators(if steroid resistent) in this case?

I prefer Bruhat gamgadhar churna 2 tsp with buttermilk Kutaj ghanvati 1gm tid. Musta churna 500mg tid

Diseases Related to Discussion