pt with suffering from UTI Last urine R&M report shows 3-5 pus cell epithelial cell are-- 10 -15 and this is urine culture and sensitive report. pls suggest me what to do.

2 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

NO SIR THIS IS NOT CORRECT.BUT YOU CAN DO TC, DC, ESR, USG .RAISED COUNTS &ESR MAY BE WITH ASCENDING INFECTION LIKE PYELONEPHRITIS THEN USG IS USEFUL IF PYELONEPHRITIS IS THERE ACUTE OR CHRONIC REFER TO NEPHROLOGIST.IN ACUTE CASEE SHE MIGHT HAVE N&V.COMPLETE RENAL FUNCTION TESTD SE.CREATININ, ELECTROLYTES ESPECIALLY K, I/O CHART ALONG WITH RESPONDING ANTIBIOTIC.SOMETIMES IN CHRONIC CASES ASSOCIATED WITH SIGNIFICANT RESIDUAL URINE INTERMITTENT CATHETERISATION IS ALSO USEFUL IN ELIMINATING INFECTION.

NO SIR THIS IS NOT CORRECT.BUT YOU CAN DO TC, DC, ESR, USG .RAISED COUNTS &ESR MAY BE WITH ASCENDING INFECTION LIKE PYELONEPHRITIS THEN USG IS USEFUL IF PYELONEPHRITIS IS THERE ACUTE OR CHRONIC REFER TO NEPHROLOGIST.IN ACUTE CASEE SHE MIGHT HAVE N&V.COMPLETE RENAL FUNCTION TESTD SE.CREATININ, ELECTROLYTES ESPECIALLY K, I/O CHART ALONG WITH RESPONDING ANTIBIOTIC.SOMETIMES IN CHRONIC CASES ASSOCIATED WITH SIGNIFICANT RESIDUAL URINE INTERMITTENT CATHETERISATION IS ALSO USEFUL IN ELIMINATING INFECTION.

u can put her on tab.nitrofurantoin 100 bd for 2 weeks...but it's strange that the e.coli is resistant to whole group of cephalosporins and higher antibiotics.if u could repeat cultures again.....probably.....

hi as all suggested go for nitrofurantoin, but just b careful as it can lead to various serious reactions,other things like local hygiene , avoid use of chemicals or harsh to private parts.cleaning of vulva from front to back side if she's sexualy active than urination before and after intercourse.lots of water intake, and this should be done regular basis . cranberry juice.u can start Tracfree tab.which is a combination of cranberry xtract and D mannose.syp. cital.

For UTI, the gold standard test is Urine Culture. Note, any systemic illness can have pus cells in urine.

UNLESS YHR PUS CELLS MORE THAN IO ITS NOT DIAGNOSED AS UTI.

this is report after giving tab.cefone before that pt having 50-60 pus cells

lf you agree with the Homoeopathy, then give him/her 1) Berb V Q, gtt 15 X TD X 1week with 15 ml of water AC. 2) Medo 1m ,1drop X 2days at early morning with plenty of water (drink)

Continue tab Nitrofurantoin 100mg for extra 2 Weeks of negetive culture/Urine report.Incomplete treatment is responsible for recurrence.You can add Cranberry extract preparations along with nitrofurantoin to deal the infection better.Any risk factors (Cystocele) /raised PVRU to be ruled out.

Load more answers

Diseases Related to Discussion