Respected all please go through the post and give your opinion and guidance

11 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

I just wants to say Ati Sarvata Varjiyate.... And don't you think its a biased research?? What is Glucometer?? GLUCO METER.... Which only calculate the presence of GLUCOSE in blood by its enzymes reaction of strip and give results..... If you directly test it on fresh fruit juice it will not give the reading..... You can't use measuring scale to check the diameter of a ball it needs vernier caliper.... Both measure the same but in different way.... Fruits are advisable in DM but in limited quantity..... @Dr. Aniruddha Lele @Dr. M Khare @Dr. Radhika Khatawate @Dr. Ranjeet Kumar @Dr. Chetan Chauhan @Ankit Agarwal @Dr. Satyanarayana Reddy Sunku @Dr. S.c Kumar @Dr. Usha Tabhani

Thanks sir

View 3 other replies

Sir Kindly go through this reply from a dietitian. I have been flooded with the queries from friends, students, clients and relatives hence thought it was important to clarify the evidence based scientific facts for any lay person with or without diabetes. Fructose is the sugar naturally present in fruits and honey hence called fruit sugar Naturally occurring fructose sources like fruits and vegetables are preferred due to its high fibre content over fruit juices and commercial available products contain fructose. While its true that fructose has a lower glycemic index than starch based food (rice, wheat, potatoes, pulses,etc) or glucose & it produces a lower after meal glucose response when it replaces glucose and starch in diet, fructose when consumed in excessive amounts has been found to be detrimental to health. Unlike glucose, fructose when consumed is directly absorbed through the small intestine into the blood and metabolised in the liver & can be more lipogenic than glucose. Harmful effects of fructose when consumed in excessive amounts. -Causes weight gain and increases blood cholesterol and triglycerides. -Increase fat deposits in the body (visceral adipose) -Leads to non alcoholic fatty liver disease -Causes insulin resistance -May also lead to increase in uric acid levels. Several studies have suggested that total fructose consumption should range between 25-40g/day(Indian food composition National Institute of Nutrition) Hence MODERATION IS THE KEY. You cannot eat 1kg mango as 200g of mango has approximately 15g of fructose. Eating 1kg is dangerous to health can even cause diarrhea in some. PLEASE BEWARE OF SUCH IRRESPONSIBLE STATEMENTS WHICH CAN BE DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR HEALTH. Kindly note that my clarification is supplemented by sufficient scientific evidence rather than documented evidence of no scientific relevance. Sheryl Salis Registered Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator LEC member, Indian Dietitian Association, Mumbai Chapter

Thanks mam/sir

Got this video earlier ....Later started analysing this. Almost what all told and proved in this video in my opinion is absolutely true and blood sugar levels actually vary many atimes so the actual basis for diagnosing depends on HbA1c (glycosylated heamoglobin) values. Good video and many scopes for further research

Thanks mam

So good post. But I we go to our childhood and think that our parents grandparents and even we eat too much sugarcane many times. But nobody become diabetic. I m agree with Dr Hemant adhikari we should take fruits but in a limited quantity.

Thanks sir

Thats really amazing sir But now days i have seen many doctors suggest not to have fruit

Thanks

Agree with Dr.Radhika mam N dait is help the control blood sugar narmal renge.

Thanks sir

Nice but practically some more observation is need I think.,

Yes sir . Thanks

U think this is the best way to explain the above point thanks

Thanks sir

Research should be done very interesting post

Thanks sir

I agree with Dr hemant adhikari sir

Thanks mam

View 1 other reply

Load more answers