Concluded Case

Tinea corporis

Tinea corporis has become so common - that daily in O.P.D - you are seeing patients. This 18 years old male is having Tinea corporis since 2 years and gradually spreading- despite treatment. Repeatedly- we are experiencing such cases where topical steroids aggravate the disease

1 Like

LikeAnswersShare
Concluded answer

@dr Praveen Yograj Good morning sir Three issues involved in treatment of tenia infection 1 pt did not report directly on seeing lesions rather ignores and uses OTC products under influence of instant relief and hence morphology of lesions is altered some contains steroids while some contains cross antifungals 2 irrelevant use of local antifungals developing cross resistance even oral antifungals we use are are very mild in action and strong in hepatotoxic effects 3 we all colleagues ourself are responsible as copetitive practices makes us to provide instant better results than other colleagues and treating impatiently 4 pt donot have patience nor obeys advise given and falls prey to all sort of counseling given by surroundings and uses all pathies this or that 5 hence my advice is a first need to council properly and make him understand the lesion b length and significance of treatment to make him understood as well as physician himself c physician should himself know when why and how long to use steroids in fungal infection d proper antifungals locally and orally with knowledge to understand CROSS RESISTANCE and get c&s as and when required With humble request to my DERMATOLOGISTS colleagues it is not that steroids are not required in treatment but a part of treatment as to achieve cell membranes stabilization hence as you yourselves are using logically or ignorantly or if i dare to say under influence of corporates should avoid criticising colleagues Now lastly about case as i see it is altere or modified tenia corporis et waist 1 avoid frictions and hairy surface to be shaved 2 local wetness to be kept dry 3 terbinafine oint twice daily 4 Levocetrizine5mg 1bd Oral antifungal here i will use griesofulvin in sustained release Keep reviewing if resistant i will definitely take help of steroid locally as well as orally for short period Adv dusting of clotrimazole or flucanazole powder in routine Thanx sir and sorry if i have hurted any body

All Answers

@dr Praveen Yograj Good morning sir Three issues involved in treatment of tenia infection 1 pt did not report directly on seeing lesions rather ignores and uses OTC products under influence of instant relief and hence morphology of lesions is altered some contains steroids while some contains cross antifungals 2 irrelevant use of local antifungals developing cross resistance even oral antifungals we use are are very mild in action and strong in hepatotoxic effects 3 we all colleagues ourself are responsible as copetitive practices makes us to provide instant better results than other colleagues and treating impatiently 4 pt donot have patience nor obeys advise given and falls prey to all sort of counseling given by surroundings and uses all pathies this or that 5 hence my advice is a first need to council properly and make him understand the lesion b length and significance of treatment to make him understood as well as physician himself c physician should himself know when why and how long to use steroids in fungal infection d proper antifungals locally and orally with knowledge to understand CROSS RESISTANCE and get c&s as and when required With humble request to my DERMATOLOGISTS colleagues it is not that steroids are not required in treatment but a part of treatment as to achieve cell membranes stabilization hence as you yourselves are using logically or ignorantly or if i dare to say under influence of corporates should avoid criticising colleagues Now lastly about case as i see it is altere or modified tenia corporis et waist 1 avoid frictions and hairy surface to be shaved 2 local wetness to be kept dry 3 terbinafine oint twice daily 4 Levocetrizine5mg 1bd Oral antifungal here i will use griesofulvin in sustained release Keep reviewing if resistant i will definitely take help of steroid locally as well as orally for short period Adv dusting of clotrimazole or flucanazole powder in routine Thanx sir and sorry if i have hurted any body

Valuable opinion

View 2 other replies

Obviously Tinea corporis Tabs fluconazole 150mg 1weekly Tab foristal1bd Ointment clotrimazole locally No corticosteroid

Thanks Dr. Ramesh Kumar Singh ,Dr. Adiva Khan, Dr.Ashok leel, Dr. Shivraj Agrawal, Dr. Rakesh chaudhary

TINEA CORPORIS Treatment consists of antifungal. Cap. Itraconazole 200 mg BDPC X 10 days. Tab. Levocetrizine 5 mg OD x 10 days. Sy. LIV52 10 ml BDAC X 10 days. Tab. Bandy plus 1 at bed time. Ointment LULICONAZOLE apply locally. Multivitamin minerals tab. Keep clean and moisture. Avoid dirty water and clean usable clothes regular. Review after 10 days.

Thank you doctor

View 1 other reply

Very common finding these days ... It has become resistant to Anti fungals Even patients taking dual oral therapy experience relapse

Valuable opinion

Times infection. MicZnazole.+ Clobetasol + Salicylic acid application. It's console app.mg 1 tab OD.x4 werks

Tinea corporis treatment Cap Itriconazole 200 one daily ointment Luliconazole apply locally twice daily

@tinea corporis

Clotrimazole lotion apply Levocitrizine BD Clear constipation Terbinafine 250 mg OD

आयुर्वेद में इसे ददरु मंडल कहते हैं। चिकित्सा संबंधी योग,,,, सोमराजी तेल लगाने से लाभ होगा। योग परिक्षित है। पिछले 40 वर्ष से प्रयोग कर रहा हूं।

Tines corporis Luliconazole oint la

Diseases Related to Discussion

Tinea Corporis
Constipation